1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Several Rockets will work out in LA with Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

It means he wants to feed the team with more assists, and he expects his assist number to increase as they score

2. Caris

Caris Member

no more workouts?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Last supper in LA ... great workouts with the Rockets this week!! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23cabbagecarrotscelery&amp;src=hash">#cabbagecarrotscelery</a> <a href="http://t.co/mKtxJNRJQE">http://t.co/mKtxJNRJQE</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/statuses/357723596568788995">July 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

luv the fan passion but its July ... save something for October 29th.

can totally empathize with Omer. its just business big fella ...

4. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

I love the character of this team. They seem like a college team who's close-knit and all that. I haven't heard of a professional team like this in a while. Reminds me of movies like Glory Road and such. I doubt any other team is like this in the NBA. Honestly if I was Dwight, or any other player, who wouldn't want to play for this team. I remember watching the Terrence Jones: NBA Rooks youtube video and saw how these guys were always joking, laughing, and having fun together. Working hard is one thing, but working hard around people you enjoy being with will only bring out the best.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Casspi?

6. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

To be continued in Orlando?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Don't let Morey hear you're in love with this team, he'll dismantle it just to break your heart. Like getting you a dog, making you love it, then having you shoot it to make you tough (saw it in a movie, a terrible sad movie).

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am there now. I went in and prompty shown the door by ucla athletics folks. Most everyone was there. I didn't get any pics because I was trying to negotiate staying quietly in a corner for 30 mins and pulling out my phone would have surely gotten me the boot.

Dwight wearing a white "rockets basketball" t shirt is still crazy to see. Like I know he is on the Rockets but I still can't believe it

Also just to stir the pot

Jeremy Lin was not there!!

I know his tweet but he could have left LA after practice this morning.
    But he could have just not shown up yet either

9. conquistador#11

thanks for the update. it does feel surreal that howard plays for houston now. i won't believe it til the first game.

any chances stephen curry and lin got 'dehydrated' and thus fell asleep missing practice? :p

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Good stuff. What kind of stuff were they working on?

11. GPG

GPG Member

So who is there besides Dwight?

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I guess Lin has somewhere else to be. Anyone know where that is?

13. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

I have a feeling that trade involving Lin and Asik is going to go down very soon.

14. The_Yoyo

Casspi harden Bev Greg Smith young a few others I spent most of my time looking and trying to talk ucla security in letting me stay. They weren't having any of it. If I took my phone out I wouldn't have been allowed to stay as long as I did

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe you'll have better luck catching them on their way out?

16. The_Yoyo

I have no idea how long it will go for and I have to be at work so I couldn't stay past 10 anyway. I waited downstairs (courts are upstairs) for a while in case anyone came in or left but no luck

17. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

stupid security! thanks for trying and for posting updates.

18. boiler

boiler Member

Is it just me or Lin's tweet sounds weird? "Last supper", "workout with Rockets"?

19. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

"With the Rockets"? Isn't he a Rocket? Why not say with my teammates? or something like that. Maybe they say come join us Lin no matter what. You are still apart of us, even though you may get traded!

20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I agree...kinda weird for him to say.

I hope there's nothing to it.