1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Mother Ejected From Water Park for Skimpy Swimsuit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dragician, Jul 17, 2013.

1. dragician

dragician Member

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/adv...ks-mother-madelyn-sheaffer-revealing-19584609

2. dragician

dragician Member

<iframe id="kaltura_player_1374098787" height="221" width="392" style="border: 0px solid #ffffff;" src="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/embedIframe/entry_id/0_941umlny/widget_id/_483511/uiconf_id/5590821?referer=http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/adventure-oasis-waterpark-kicks-mother-madelyn-sheaffer-revealing-19584609&amp;flashvars[autoPlay]=false&amp;addThis.playerSize=392x221&amp;freeWheel.siteSectionId=nws_offsite&amp;closedCaptionActive=false&amp;addThis.playerSize=392x221&amp;closedCaptionsOverPlayer.fontsize=12">Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.</iframe>

3. dragician

dragician Member

100 percent discrimination.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The story says he recently lost 100lbs. Good for her.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

shame on the park. you can't say it's ok for one person to wear x and not ok for another person. definitely discriminatory.

7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

it's private business though so they can refuse service to anyone they want. Looked at the video though, and didn't seem too bad.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Discriminatory in the same way Hooters discriminates by not hiring obese men to wait on tables in skimpy outfits.

9. Major

Major Member

Except it's not:

http://www.ultimatewaterpark.com/waterparks/adventure-oasis.html

Adventure Oasis is a city operated waterpark with three water slides, a 6,000 square-foot pool with zero-depth entry, children's water play structure, 25-yard lap pool and a relaxing 900-foot lazy river. Adventure Oasis also has a full-service concession and dining area and hosts a variety of summer programs, including swim lessons.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't think fat and ugly is a protected class. I guess her age is though.

11. dragician

dragician Member

she's definitely not fat and ugly but old though.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. Actually that's a different scenario since Hooters would go out of business otherwise. If it's aligned with what the business does, and doesn't violate the civil rights act, in most states you can do that.

But this woman was denied service because they didn't like the way she dressed - nothing more. It's a shame.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

She can get it.

14. Classic

Classic Member

You know, I've encountered a lot of younger workers (like 17 to 22) recently that are just terrible at making decisions while working and providing what to me should be common sense service.

Obviously, home girl is stacked. She went and lost 100 lbs and got a boob job. I'm sure she stuck out in the crowd and enjoyed the looks she was getting from teen boys and their dads as a former fatty.

But so many times these kids that are given any kind of decision making on the job just can't exercise good judgement and be rational.

Lady will get some money out of it and she's playing the right cards but think about who's working at a water park. It's not like they're 37 year old working professionals. Just kids and young adults who don't have enough real world experience to know better.

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I love starting my day off seeing someone get completely owned

does that make me a bad person?