1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nelly killed it on ESPN First Take

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IgotNext, Jul 16, 2013.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This...Everyone is waiting on Pau and Kobe's salaries to come off the books. But what is their draw??? to play with Kobe(35-36y/o) and be his sidekick for 3-4 years??? Carmelo? Lebron?

Carmelo isnt leaving NYC(born and raised New Yorker) and leaving all that money on the table!. Lebron has a better chance of going back to Cleveland to pair up with Kyrie and Bynum, or just stay put in South Beach and wait for the Heat mgmt to trade Bosh away.

The Lakers have to "ride and die" with Kobe...bc the truth is no one is coming to Tinseltown to be Kobe's B.tch...

2. Gil

Gil Member

Thought Nelly held is own. Sure there was alot of screaming and yelling involved but he did make some legitimate points.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

To everyone in LA...the Lakers big men are the greatest and no comparison. The Rockets Big men were just chopped liver.

4. egr281

egr281 Member

Its ridiculous how ignorant people are. Like when they say the sky hook was the most unstoppable move, anyone remember the DREAM shake??

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

the sky hook was the most unstoppable move.

6. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I HATE LAKERS FANS SO MUCH. I couldn't finish watching the video.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LOL! This.

Dream is my all-time favorite player, but nobody could contend with that Sky-Hook.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

That was an unstoppable move...Pathetic that no other big man has tried perfecting that shot.

But my issue with the Lakers fan base is that they rip on the Rockets as if he downgraded from Kareem to Hakeem.

9. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

Because it was. You couldn't block it

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think it's interesting that the plight of the Lakers is the same as Dallas.

Two teams that have cornerstone franchise players (Kobe, Dirk) that are married to the team/owner and for which the team/owner will not trade them away. So, both teams are stuck in this suspended state until those players retire because neither team is going to TANK.

And in 2014, when the Lakers have this magical cap space, the FAs will either be 1) RFAs that will resign with their own teams or 2) UFAs that are old or Opt/Out candidates that probably will not opt out. This leaves the Lakers in a situation flush with cash and having to pull a Dumars and sign the Ben Gordons/Charlie Vs of the world.

11. gambingo

gambingo Member

We should petition Ken Jeong to be the moderator of that show. Yea...he's not Cari, whatever her name is, in the look department. *Insert she looks ok gif* But Ken has the personality, charisma, and seem knowledgeable to make that show a lot more entertaining than just SAS and Skip's over the top shouting match. I don't watch First Take, but Cari doesn't seem like she's bringing much to the table other than being an eye candy, and that's debatable.

Pardon the digression, but holy ****! I just gain more respect for Nelly for trashing Kobe and defending Dwight on national tv. Lol Kobe fans were already butt hurt, but this one just stung a bit more bc they haven't gotten over Dwight's dump on their idol yet.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Brittney Griner has....

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

are people really trying to argue that the rockets all-time big men outclass la's??? don't be stupid folks. elvin, moses, ralph, hakeem and yao is very formidable but it doesn't sniff mikan, wilt, kareem and shaq.

try and use some objectivity.

1 person likes this.
  14. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Skip: "Dwight couldn't take the pressure that Kobe put on him to be great. You know why? Because he's not made of Lakers stuff."

Nelly: "You know what Lakers stuff is fixing to be next year? No playoffs. That's what the Lakers stuff will be next year."

E-P-I-C

15. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I agree. We can't be homers about it. They have had some all time greats. We probably rank right behind them in terms of big men at the end of the day.

16. Rocketman21

Rocketman21 New Member

Now we can add dwight to the mix

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Nelly is right, nobody wants to come play with Kobe with him saying that the team is mine and I'm playing for the next 3 or 4 years. No players have ever considered the Lakers unless traded there. Dwight did lead his team over Lebron to get to the finals.

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EwHP04TWOps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I think our big men would give them a run for their money. It would go 7 games.

20. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Man nelly kept it real

lold hard at carri gettin mad, they cant accept it. Kobe is spoiled and he i believe he is the MAIN reason dwight left.