1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Dwight Howard's a Rocket, is LaMarcus Aldridge next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 15, 2013.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Love is younger and has 3 more seasons left on his contract in Minny.... thats a player that is nearly impossible to acquire.... especially since they are most likely going to lock up Pekovic as well long term to pair with Love/Rubio/Pek/Martin(back with Adelman).

That's a team that if healthy could be the surprise team to sneak in the 8th spot of the playoffs this year.

Getting Love is nearly impossible this season unless they are terrible enough to consider blowing everything up... which probably isn't the case.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sounds pretty good. I think new Orleans gets the weakest part of the deal though

3. SunsRocketsfan

lAsik + Beverley + DMo + Rockets 2014 & 2016 1st + 2 2nds (returned to Portland) for LMA.

How can anyone think this is way too much????
    Asik is the only proven commodity in this trade...

Beverley - Another case of Rockets fans over valuing our players.. This guy was a dleague overseas player which gave us some valuable minutes. He is a dime a dozen and can easily be replaced.

Dmo - eh showed small flashes of being decent but a project

2014 & 2016 picks.. they will be late first rounders.. most of these players are not even in the league after a few years.

HOW IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR LMA? one of the best PF's in the league.. its basically asik and a bunch of scrubs for LMA.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would thank that given the fact that Vucevic gives similar stats at least on the boards, is younger, and makes about 1/4 of what Asik does, that they wouldn't see the value in exchanging Vucevic for Asik, & taking on an overpriced contract in Jeremy Lin.

5. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

JR just mentioned in this thread that we can keep Lin and still acquire Aldridge. Asik would obviously be traded but we'd have to part with either D-Mo or Jones too, along with the Rockets own picks and the ones they just acquired. Also, Les said he would go into the luxury tax if he needed to. The only reason Lin would be a part of the deal is if the Blazers requested him, which I highly doubt they would.

6. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Asik, Dmo, 2014 1st rounder, 2016 first rounder and Llull for LMA. Who would say no to that?

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

but why would we NEED to get rid of asik, sure getting alridge would be great, but having big men in our second string is still vital.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

What if the Rockets have the best record in tr NBA by far at the trade deadline. Does Morey still trade for LMA if given the chance?

9. trock

trock Member

LA would be awesome. I would trust him with the last shot over anyone on the roster right now.

10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

lol wut

11. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Maybe remove the 2016 pick but I think that's a good haul for them. And we will still be in great shape in the present and future.

12. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I would think another 1st rounder would be needed. Next years draft is one of the deeper ones and a team rebuilding would want multiple picks in 2014.

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

LMA is not Lebron; LMA is not also that we must get!
    If we get LMA, the team will become better, but can we win champion right now? No!
    Why will we not play the young to wait the next season?
    There r too much possibilities in the 2014/2015

14. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

If we get LMA, we ARE contenders this year.(young or not) We have a shot this year without him, but with him..we are top 3 team.

15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I agree, having a defensive presence for an entire game would be huge but I don't know if you can just pass up someone like Aldridge, and if the Blazers are asking for Asik you make that trade no matter what.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Who knows, with the Bucks situation going on, if Morey can exploit that for one of their young bigs. The Rockets could find themselves keeping Asik at least for 1 more season.

17. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I was hoping we could get someone like Horford so we can continue this "H"-town theme we got going on.

18. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

And because Asik is starter material and many teams would like to have him start

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I'm sure we could somehow offer Lin up with some other package. Most here would agree, and what seems like morey and the rockets team see asik as way more valuable now than Lin at this point. We need one of their contracts to make room.

20. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

You're kidding me right? If we get LMA this year, we would be THE favorites to win the whole thing. Yes, the Heat are still the reigning NBA Champs, but from top to bottom, the Houston Rockets would be a better team than the Miami Heat. So, while LMA isn't necessarily a "must get," whatever that means by your standards, if we DID get him, we'd be the best team in basketball.