1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers take Wesley Johnson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Lakers could have picked up a hobo on the street and ESPN would say they've found the biggest jewel in the rough ever.... Tired of your games ESPN!!!

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There is no fanbase more delusional in sports. Not the Yankees, not the Heat, not the Knicks, not the Cowboys (well, maybe), not the Red Wings. Ladies & gentlemen: LA Lakers fans.. a breed of their own.

3. Fantasma Negro

This guy is a joke

4. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Vince Young?

5. trowa2

trowa2 Member

well, he will have all the opportunities he needs next season, lets see if he can prove that he isnt a bust

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You can almost guarantee Nash or gasol will be out

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think he is a bust. He has some talent,and will do well on a veteran team.
    Are the Lakers the best team for him? I am not sure. He may play well with Nash.

8. saleem

Who cares what they say? They are even worse than Hoopsworld at this point.

9. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i think the lakers fans are very demanding. gs and spurs mightve been the best option for him, but in terms of opportunity to showcase what he got, probably the lakers

10. saleem

Yes,I agree with you. I was imagining him playing for the Spurs.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

4th pick of the draft. Sorry rookie season and it's been downhill since. What's your definition of bust and what talent does he supposedly have? He's 26 years-old so it isn't like he needs to mature. If the bottom-feeder Phoenix Suns don't even offer him the vet minimum, doesn't speak well for him.

Haven't seen him much but he's been sorry the few times I have. A total slug.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

are the Lakers stealth tanking by signing a bunch of chuckers?

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They should have kept Goudelock

15. Classic

Classic Member

Appropriate.

16. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

love the direction they're headed hahaha

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I really wouldnt be too surprised if the Lakers with just Nash, Gasol and spare parts still pull off some .500 ball with no Dwight Howard headache, Kobe ego and Metta distractions. They just go out and play ball pressure free. An 85% Nash and D'antoni thats recreating the Phoenix setting. Thats actually what we might want, keep them in the mediocre range like Dallas last year, no reward from tanking.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I would be shocked. Nash is a shell of what he used to be and is actually a below-average starting PG (even if his minutes are limited). Pau is still a very good player, but without Kobe, the Lakers won't have enough talent to do well.

The old Suns teams weren't good just because of style. They had loads of offensive talent and used style as a weapon to maximize their advantage and bludgeon weaker teams. The more the Lakers run, the more they will lose by. It could be a vicious circle in the making.

Maybe they start off OK, maybe not. Either way, D'Antoni isn't a good coach and won't do well with a sorry roster. Everybody knows the Lakers will completely clean house next summer, starting with the coaching staff. At some point in the season the players will quit on D'Antoni and the bottom will fall out.

The Lakers won't admit it, but they are tanking. Releasing Ron Ron is proof.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Can't believe they let him go. He was the closest thing that team had to a future.

I think Gasol can carry the team just out of wiggins range. They'd be best off trading him.

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Funny how you guys are laughing but the Rockets have made similar low reward moves over the years in an attempt to be 8th seed :p and the GARM was filled with "can this player become an all-star?"