1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RealGM.com] Star by Star - When will the Rockets add a 3rd 'superstar'?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rookie34, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Lock up if already posted ... http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/228744/Star-By-Star

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

can someone bullet point this?

3. damunkster

damunkster Member

this has been talked about all over the board for a while now

4. koopa

koopa Member

Yeap. Morey's scrub acquisitions haven't impressed me much so far. Please add another star to support Howard and Harden. Only then will there be a real challenge to the top 3 teams.

5. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Are you willing to give up Chandler to get him?

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

just saying Bosh, Wade and Lebron was overkill. It worked but not efficiently

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

LaMarcus Aldridge please. I just have that feeling that Morey will get it done if the opportunity is there. Going to need some help from Portland sucking though -- LMA has to be the one to ask Portland's FO to trade him.

8. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

be patient and trust in morey he knows what hes doing...

on the other hand the 3dr star might already be on our roster

9. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Tjarks has never seemed a fan of Lin and I've felt that was since he wrote this:

http://basketball.realgm.com/article/227430/Beverley-Lin-And-The-Rockets-Meritocracy

Since then, I've had a hard time taking him seriously as regards Lin. Doesn't mean he's a bad writer or is lacking knowledge, but the line of thinking seems clear. As it does for Mark Deeks and others.

So, when looking at this latest piece, it seems primarily focused on one thing:

Thus, the focus of the article appears to be on getting Lin removed, although the lede is buried and the veneer purports to be getting a 3rd star.

As I've told people here before, it's important to understand the underpinnings and agendas of writers when you get information and opinions from them. As I mentioned regarding Ken Berger and Dwight Howard, I knew Berger always wanted Howard to stay in LA. So anything he wrote, news reporting or opinion pieces, would lean that way.

Tjarks seems to be of the ABJ mindset. Or, if you will, the "Beverley is better than Lin or is a better fit than Lin" mindset.

That's ok, but it's probably best to know that when diving into the water of his articles regarding Houston.

A Big 3 has not been needed to win recent championships besides Miami, and their Big 3 is fading. LA had Kobe and Pau, and previously had Kobe and Shaq. We saw what happened to LA's Big 4 last year.

Talent matters. Chemistry also matters and the Heat have come thisclose to losing each of the last two seasons. Part of that is because their bench is not so good, because the Big 3 eats up the salary cap.

Many different ways to skin a cat. I am interested to see how this team looks with its best players on the floor before doing too much tinkering with roles or even more trades. Of course, if Love or Aldridge becomes available then get them. Do I think that will happen right now? Probably not. But it may happen later in the season.

2 people like this.
  10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

When we can is the answer

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Should be 5 stars thread!!!

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Im not sure of Love or Aldridge's contract situations, but if one or both of them can opt out in free agency of 2015 we should be able to get them at the 2015 deadline. A year and a half aint so bad. Sounds like a long time but think about it we just had harden for a year.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Can't agree more. We just a few better than last season. Still a long way to go championship!

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

After wasting 3 years, DH can opt out to be free agent in 2016 ...

15. Raven

Raven Member

The key to adding a third star, without gutting the roster, is for the assets to blossom, but that requires play time. If a player, such as D-Mo, steadily improves, it helps grease the wheels for a deadline deal.

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Don't nitpick any championship. Getting one championship is totally different from getting one Hamburger.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wouldn't be wasting 3 years, in the scenario i was talking about. Its spending his first season going at it with Harden&Co, the second after the trade deadline going at it with Harden&3rd star and the third seaon a full seaon of going at it with Harden&3rd star next to him. Why opt out after that?

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I don't believe you need three stars to win anyway. I think you just need a couple stars and a good supporting cast. I would like to have three but I don't really know if it's worth lowering the quality of your supporting players. Look how much Miami is paying Bosh, he a good player but you don't get star performance out of him in Miami because of Lebron and Wade.

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Yeah, seriously, just add another star. What's he waiting for? GOD.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

deals with Canaan, Howard..... and others have not been inked

Will take a few days.