1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Orlando Summer League Game 3: Rockets vs. Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tallanvor, Jul 10, 2013.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

great match up between Kelly Olynyk and Terrence Jones

Olynyk had 19pts 10rebs 2asts 2stls
    Jones had 17pts 6rebs 2asts 2blks 1stl

Boston might have gotten a big steal at pick 13, Olynyk looks solid in every aspect of his game

we got a big steal in Terrence Jones as well, i loved his move near the end when in the air he change his shot hand, unfortunately he couldn't hit the shot

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

It'd be interesting seeing Courtney Fortson out there again if he was still on the team lol

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

for what ? we wouldn't get much

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rockets already have Kelly Olynyk. He goes by the name of Donatas Motiejunas.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope he shoots better 3pts than the Hansen brother

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Fixed it for you :p

7. trowa2

trowa2 Member

dmo doesnt got the confidence kelly olynyk. the chick was working

8. marshcatt

marshcatt Member

Olynyk also had 7 fouls, in a true game setting he couldn't have continued to play in the same manner, and his numbers would have suffered. Jones only had 4 fouls.

9. trowa2

trowa2 Member

its summer league, they are more physical because they know they wont foul out

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Olynyk was mostly matched up against Honeycutt.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I also liked what i saw fromm Chikoko and Young in their short times on the court. Young is faster than he looks.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

So Kelly Olynk was 8-9 from inside the three point line... impressive. What a steal

13. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

Honeycutt has a nice stroke. If he plays good D, he could be a potential bargain contract.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

DMo looked great in summer league, too, remember?

It's funny how fan opinion favors Jones at the moment because he was seen playing basketball in public recently while Motiejunas was hidden away with the Lithuanian National Team. If Motiejunas has a few decent games for them when they play in the FIBA Europe tournament, my guess is that the opinion will flip and people will have largely forgotten what Jones does in Orlando.

I don't really know which of them is better or whether either of them will be any good next season. Just noting how fan psychology seems to work.

#254 Carl Herrera, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    2 people like this.
  15. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Both of those players are garbage no thank you.

16. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

No he was not.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So did Lillard. So I don't think SL ever shows much of what a player can be, just a reminder of what a player can be coming into the league. I guess if you aren't confident about Olynyk you can say "A lot of guys play well in summerleague." and if you are confident about his game going forward you can say "See, he's already playing well."

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Guys, please, enough with the this is just summer league thing. This is what a basketball lover like myself waits on.
    Plus, this summer league is much bigger than just any old summer league. This year's summer league is going to bring back memories.

19. platypus

platypus Member

If Dmo did get stronger as reported then I would expect him to work over these chumps in the summer league. As great an athlete Tjones is a polished offensive player he is not.

His footwork in the post is slow and he does not have the best jumpshot. Demo on the other hand has very quick feet and his release on is jumper is pretty quick for a big man. I can't wait to see him play this summer for his country. I expect a big jump in production this year from him.

1 person likes this.
  20. OTMax

OTMax Member

So again Greg Smith looked terrible? Any chance we cut him over Anderson or both?