1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL: Rockets land Dwight Howard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 5, 2013.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Im sure the paperwork has been done for days now. All they have to do is sign it, and fax it over to the league office for approval.

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

I'm all for the signing of Dwight but he can't he just take a little less than the max?? I will never understand going to a team knowing that your salary will limit your job's ability to make the better. It's not like take 8 million less over 4 years will hurt him..

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

*boss's ability to make the team better.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm calling a sign and trade.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You neglected to include:

Dwight Howard takes and passes team physical.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Steve Kerr(again):

Being better, however, is a very different distinction from being the best.

"I think it's a stretch right now to say that's a championship team," TNT analyst and former Phoenix Suns general manager Steve Kerr told USA TODAY Sports. "I think there are a lot of question marks, (and) the first question is, 'Is Dwight going to be the guy who was a superstar two years ago, or the guy who we've seen the last two seasons who has been a bit of an enigma…I like the move for Houston – I think they're improved – but I don't really consider them a championship team right now."

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I dont even want to think about that physical. I think even if there is some cautionary red flags on his physical report, it might be very hard for the Rockets to still not sign him, and bury that evidence.

Still Im sure that Morey and McHale are sweating it right now waiting for the results from that physical... or maybe they just dont even want to see it at all.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I'm talking about the regular season. 18 was his most field goal attempt. That's just to little for a guy of his ability. He was never used right. While kobe would have games where he would take over 30 shots.,

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Monta Ellis just fired his agent and is signing with Fegan.

itshappening.gif

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

God I hope not. :)

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm just happy I would be seeing some post action.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bad idea to have Yao be in the press conference? I'm afraid it'll put too much pressure on Dwert.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Member

is there anyway we could watch the press conf live? anyone have links?

14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

If Dwight ****s bricks because Yao is at his press conference, maybe he should just retire.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

All he'd have to do is not have a career ending injury.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Since its not happening till Saturday Im sure Jason Friedman or someone else will be supplying a link to watch live sometime closer to the conference. Today is just the end of the moritorium where teams can officially make trades and sign free agents.

1 person likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Member

Will Howard be signed today? And will he undergo a physical today?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

T-Rob trade complete

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/pdxtrailblazers">@pdxtrailblazers</a>. We have signed D wright, Crabbe trade complete with T Robinson busy morning continues...</p>&mdash; Paul Allen (@PaulGAllen) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaulGAllen/statuses/354990206346207234">July 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Im assuming that the press conference scheduled for Saturday really just has to do with Summer League not ending until Friday afternoon. Technically they could sign him today if all of the other transactions that needed to happen prior get approved beforehand.

Im sure Morey and McHale really feel like they need to be there in Orlando for this week, and they really have to be at the press conference and signing as well.

I'd also assume that since Dwight was hanging out with Keith Jones in Houston wearing Rockets sweatpants that they are probably doing something along the lines of a physical already if they haven't already started that process.

I do know that much more goes into NBA physicals than just your everyday "Turn, and cough" high school football physical. You are talking about possbily doing full MRI's, Cat Scan's, bone-density testing, etc. with an NBA physical.

When you do a physical that is that thorough Im sure there are alot of potentially scary things that might look way worse than they really are. Which is probably why the media will probably just get an answer from Morey like "he looks great."

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

The physical was scheduled to be yesterday and I assume it was yesterday morning before Dwight's appearance in Rockets gear.