1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll save you the trouble regarding Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, Jul 7, 2013.

1. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Insert picture of Morey sitting court side smiling here.

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Why don't we just stop making Lin threads? They never end nicely

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I hope this is ironic. "The thread that end all ____ arguments" is an oxymoron, moron.

4. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Actually, it is probably more likely a paradox than an oxymoron.

5. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Morey gambled, won big with Asik and came up meh with Lin. He also have Royce White a contract. That was a gamble that made sense but simply didn't work out. You don't always win, even if its a smart move. He didn't win with Lin.

6. SevenMinuteAbs

The way I see it, it'll be hard to upgrade from Lin. I don't think Beverly's ever started against an elite pg. Lin has and has shown that he can take over games.

I hope Lin stays, I think he adds a lot to the chemistry of the team.

7. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

no more pick and roll, just screen and cut.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

ah, wrong thread. carry on

9. calmdowntime

calmdowntime Member

Of course not, but somebody who said "I don't like Motiejunas fans" might

10. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Yeah, I should have said contradiction. Oh well.

11. seahawk

seahawk Member

What are you gonna do?

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He is basically is saying if you say something to criticize Lin then you are attacking Morey, stupid logic. Not only that but the Lin arguments are not about Lin hate. They are about not labeling Lin a superstar untouchable point guard which his fans seem to think he is but he is not. At present he is an average point guard. We treat J lin better than we treaed rafer, if I were them I would take that.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey, there's only room for one troll here!!!!:mad::mad::mad: GTFO!!!!

14. thejav

thejav Member

more like a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

If the Lin draws your bile don't blame Parson's smile, that's a-Morey,
    When the Beard shakes in delight because he's reeled in Dwight, that's a-Morey

1 person likes this.
  16. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

*Fixed for you bro, before the trolls get you.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I am absolutely in the " in Morey we trust" crowd, but I have to think that if he knew he was getting Harden he probably wouldn't have been so quick to offer Lin the contract he did. Maybe he still would have at a lower price or maybe he would have offered exactly what he ended up offering, but you never know. I just think that the way Morey has operated that if he knew Harden would be here he would have gone the route of maintaining as much cap flexibility as possible. This we will never know for sure, but it's not as clear cut as you are making it out to be.

18. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I don't why you g keep ignoring everyone's comments and make up a legion of crazy Lin fanatics in your mind over one or two idiots who aren't even Rockets fans.
    I love Lins game. And I clearly see his weaknesses as I pay critical attention to Lin and Bev (a lifelong pg myself). Noone thinks he is a superstar, all-star etc!!!!! Please get this through all of your heads!!!!!!
    I see Lin probably as you see Chandler. A good young player with potential. It doesn't even matter who's better (Lin, IMO) or who's a better value (Parsons, clearly

19. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I don't why you guys keep ignoring every comment that's actually on this board and constantly resort to imagining a legion of crazy Lin fanatics in your mind over one or two idiots who aren't even Rockets fans.
    I love Lins game. And I clearly see his weaknesses as I pay critical attention to Lin and Bev (a lifelong pg myself). Noone thinks he is a superstar, all-star etc!!!!! Please get this through all of your heads!!!!!! He is not above reproach!! Talking about him being a 6th man, or just plain being benched is a valid opinion!! BUT.....
    I see Lin probably as you see Chandler. A good young player with potential. It doesn't even matter who's better (Lin, IMO) or who's a better value (Parsons, clearly), if a bunch of people kept constantly over and over again called Parsons trash. We should sit him. Trade him. Get rid of him. That they hate his stupid fans. It would get on your nerve as well. That's all there is to it. Noone thinks Lin us untouchable. Or unbenchable. It's just that in between honest criticism, there are these snarky trolls who repeat the same bench/trade/I-hope-to-God-Lin-goes posts again and again, which makes basketball fans who like Lins potential defend him! Please consider this pint and don't just think people who defend Lin are fanboys.

20. Karolik

Karolik Member

^ This guy is completely delusional. Thinks that LOFs don't exist. I guess all of the posters talking about his fans must be crazy....

Get take your meds bro.