1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey...I Was So Wrong. Morey Supporters...Please Forgive Me.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, Jul 9, 2013.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Nice ! best basketball fans on Planet Earth right here !

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

Here is a nice backhanded compliment by leebigez today:

There you go talking like you are Leslie Alexander again. As if Daryl Morey gives two ****s about what you "need to hear".

3. jscmedia

Happy daze Are here Again.......this is great !

4. choujie

choujie Member

Still think Lin is just a marketing boy?

Well, Columbia trumps NYU, MIT trumps Columbia, Harvard trumps all.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't have a fancy degree from MIT, but to me what Morey does has always made sense intuitively. Maybe it has to do with my computer programming background. So looking at Morey's method from a pure analytical perspective, the way he operates is pure awesomeness.

The only thing I disagreed with was not tanking, which I felt was a better path(better as in higher chance of success). But I place that more on Les than Morey. Besides, now that he has shown he can get players without tanking, I basically have nothing left to complain.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

guys, we haven't won anything yet. it's still too early to crown morey.

7. jscmedia

I say fie sir! Not too early. He brought the two best players available the last two years to Houston and even made Lin's acquisition now a secondary conversation.

Without throwing in the towel. It's now on the Players to play!

And no one doubts now that he's not through !

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm on Board

Rocket River

9. SoccerFan

SoccerFan Member

Nah Stanford >>>> Harvard

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

"Winning anything" is out of Morey's control. The only thing he can do is what he's already done, and let the chips fall where they may.

We are not crowning him for winning a championship, we are crowning him for being a terrific GM. Is that at all disputable anymore?

11. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Morey for President!!!

Morey for President!!!

12. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

it'll be hard to get those electoral college votes from California. lol...I'd vote for him. he'd probably annex Canada, take out N. Korea, and balance the buxget to boot.

13. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

hilarious...i dont think I've ever seen any fan base love their GM so much...but I'm glad Morey's getting his...when a team wins, it's all because of the players or even coach, when they are perennially bad, it is because they have a bad GM

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Did Pat Riley have any haters in Miami? If so, I wonder what they said when he got Lebron and Bosh in one offseason. "Guys, we haven't won yet. All we did is get Lebron and Bosh. It's still too early to crown Riley." This time last year we looked dead in the water. Morey's put us in a position to contend and he's not even done yet. Acknowledge the hard work and a great job done.

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

ABJ, don't even need to consider what he trades him for. Guess = fact.

No kidding, let's hope Dwight makes Lin look real good and some true fans would come out and post something like this.

16. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

this post is premature. Landing D12 is great for Morey's reputation among the league and the Rockets fan base. But he's far from out of the woods.

So you go from an up and coming Asik / Trob-Jones-Dmo-Delfino combo in 2012. Now you go to Howard / Jones-Dmo-Greg Smith? (with Asik likely to be traded).

Asik to Howard is a sizable upgrade (purely from a basketball standpoint). But you still haven't solved your issue at PF. And yes, there are a few threads on CF regarding this and rightfully so.

My thought is this, I don't blame Morey for going after Howard, he did what he had to do, but I wonder whether Morey could've waited and traded for LMA or Love, who are both being dangled out there. In other words, would an Asik/LMA front court be more solid than Howard/(Jones, Dmo, Ryan Anderson?, Player to be named).

Until Morey resolves this issue, this team is better...but probably not by as much as it looks on paper.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

bwhahahahahaha,,,now that is too damn funny.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Almu old friend - emphasis on old, I am right there with ya.

Happily wrong - now about Nene though ;)

DD

19. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Good to see the old crew resurrecting.

20. i3artow i3aller

Good heavens that was painful to read. Proof that even idiots end up at decent schools where they'll pull **** grades. At least it provided the OP with just enough false confidence to dare question the almighty Murray. Long live Dork Elvis!

"I have observed that not the man who hopes when others despair, but the man who despairs when others hope, is admired..." -John Stuart Mill