1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Will Comcast Do Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htownballer38, Jul 7, 2013.

1. solid

solid Member

Many of us, probably most of us, don't have the option of Comcast. It is not in our area and the providers we do have are still carrying FoxSW. If I am stuck with another year of the Mavs, I am really going to be upset.

2. MONON

MONON Member

But that's 20 or so games more than we saw last season. I can live with that. If not, I'll have to talk my wife into letting me spend the money on LP, since I'm not in the Houston area..

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

There is no Comcast in Austin. You have Time Warner Cable, Grande, and AT&T Uverse.

You will need to cough up the money and get NBA Leaguepass. The Rockets games won't be blacked out. On home games you should get a feed of CSN Houston, and on away games you'll likely get the opposing teams announcers.

In other words, you HAVE to get League Pass if you want to watch the Rockets in Austin, and you WON'T be affected by any blackouts or contract negotations.

4. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Member

5. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

In that case..anyone in West Campus want to pitch in? :grin:

6. dragician

dragician Member

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Fixed it for you. The carriers are not about to cave.

8. conquistador#11

i can manage without the rockets on tv, if we can just get a little more resolution for los links.

9. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

1 out of 4 games on national TV, sounds like a lot to me.

10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

NBA TV on your desktop with a proxy server. Cable is for dinasours.

11. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

I thought they had a deal in place, but the Houston Astros baseball owner wanted more $$ from the cable deal. That's what's holding it up.

12. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

There will be a deal a week or two before the season starts.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Will you email me through the board how to do this?

14. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

THE GARBAGE ASS ASTROS SHOULDN'T ASK FOR ANYTHING WHEN THEY SUCK ARE YOU SERIOUS........ What have the Astros done

Rockets = Championship Contenders
    Texans = Championship Contenders
    Astros = Garbage, suck, the Bobcats of the NBA, stupid, and they want more money?

If what you say is true kick there garbage asses out of town so we can watch the Rockets

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think this will push things toward resolution simply because it shifts the balance of power. The fact that the balance-shift is in favor of Comcast is the only unfortunate thing about the Dwight Howard signing. And yet, if it helps get a deal done, I am OK with it.

I think providers will be more eager now to add CSNH because the ratings will be so much higher. I think Comcast will be in a stronger negotiating position, yes, but I doubt they will raise their demands because there is also a strong incentive for them to go ahead and get a deal done so they can start reaping the rewards of those increased ratings.

I expect a deal to be in place by the end of the year.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Please shut up, these TV deals span the course of 20 years and have nothing to do with the current caliber of the team in question. Also, the Astros have been to more championship series in the past decade-plus than the Rockets (1, in 2005).

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

The problem is this doesn't give CSN the leverage they are going to think it gives them. They still won't be able to justify their asking price.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I was listening to 790 or 610 on Friday and they said there was a deal but Crane nullified it asking for more. My first time hearing that.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Depends on how many MadMax' there are.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wrong, by your logic the Dwight deal would have no effect on the negotiations, and if the Astros were WS contenders, it would also have no effect. That is false.