1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

Lakers would love to have him.

2. afk

afk Member

You should donate regardless. Like right now. Clutchfans.net deserves it.

3. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

I'll stick to my terms and conditions.
    What about you, gonna practice what you preach?

4. kumakun

kumakun Member

NBA TV they're talking about how Howard is going to impact and help Lin the most out of anyone on the Rockets. He will be like a much better Tyson at the PnR and help defense. Plus Calderon, Smith, Lakers, no one wants to take on Lin's contract and no one on the Rockets is discussing trading Lin. Even Morey denies it, there is no replacement PG so I have no idea who or why the Rockets would trade to replace Lin. Rondo says he wants to work with Brad Stevens, ATL has given up on Asik, the only thing I can think of now is Phoenix or Pelicans if we go after Anderson or Jermaine ONeil. However, I don't think Jermaine is worth Asik and Lin, not even Asik tbh.
    The only thing I can possibly imagine now is going after Anderson + Vasquez + Picks for Asik and Lin but that still sounds like a bad deal.
    Its sounding more and more likely Lin will stay at this rate.

5. basketballholic

Roxlove,

are we bringing over Llull with Lin's cap space?

6. red32

red32 Member

You're making too much sense. Stop it.

7. Avako1989

Avako1989 New Member

After Lin's hardworking training in the offseason, he will give us a surprise.

8. langal

langal Contributing Member

NBA TV is an LOF channel.

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Bad deal for whom?

10. kastuul

kastuul Member

The Rockets don't dump Lin, Parsons did.

11. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

You sound like a guy from last year, that said he'd kiss some donkey's azz on some bet, totally forgot his id and the bet.

Anyone remember the bet and dudes screen name?

12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I agree that Howard coming will help Lin the most out of all the Rocket's players. One of Lin's elite skills is the drop off (under shoulder) pass when he drives the lane. Howard has shown in 10 years of NBA play that he is the best big man at catching and finishing those plays. Another top skill set of Lin's is his alley oop passing ability (not talking about touchdown passes). Howard is up there (alongside Blake Griffin and D.Jordan) in finishing above the rim.

About nobody wanting Lin's contract... Morey said himself in an interview ages days ago that he had fielded calls about Lin and Asik. One things for sure, the Lakers would love to have Lin. Can you imagine Lin with the green light from MDA to run that depleted squad with only Gasol in the middle... Does that remind you of anything?

As for Asik. These reports about him being p***** off and wanting a trade may be bull puckey. Turkish is a very guttural language that can sound like someone is p***** or the reporters translators are not up to scratch or most likely NBA reporters just make s*** up like they tend to do. Asik's trade value is not going to decrease. He gets paid the same money regardless to come off the bench for a contender. I think he likes playing on this team and the FO value him more than people think.

We have the cap room for Dwight's max. Morey has shown the ability to get quality role players like Garcia back for the minimum. I don't see us moving Asik or Lin unless it's for a clear upgrade like Love, LMA or CP3. I'm really excited to see the Twin Towers experiment... The top 2 rebounders in the league on the floor together... That's crazy! Very excited for this season to start.

13. ERC

ERC Member

Phoenix now has Dragic & Bledsoe at the PG position, doubt they'd be interested in Lin. I supposed Pelicans might be interested in Lin, as Vasquez is gone. getting Ryan Anderson would be nice, but do we seriously want Austin Rivers?

In all honesty I don't get why some folks want Lin gone. I mean, can you name a PG who is better AND cheaper AND available? If your answer is Beverley - what happens when he's in foul trouble (which happens quite often) or sidelined? Do you then play Caanan? And if you do, are we supposed to play Harden 48 minutes?

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ok, I've been as much in love with Beverley and down on Lin as the next guy, but I hope we keep him. He's a great person, very humble, can light it up, plays defense and has room to improve. We should give him more than just a year in which he actually did pretty well. He just needs that mentality back that he had in NY and with Dwight he might get there and step up. Can't wait too see how Howard impacts our whole team's performance. Also you can't really blame Lin or anybody else since there was no training camp. This year, we can finally have a solid game plan revolving around post play, pick and roll and Jeremy will be a huge part of that.

16. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

This is very possible and I hope Rockets keep Lin for at least one more year to see if he improve quite a bit next season.

Pressure will be on Lin for sure, if he doesn't improve quite a bit by mid season trade talk will then be quite justified.

17. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Great post, you summed it up pretty well!:)

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I thought haters are going to take a break with the D12 and Garcia signings and the White trade. No time to relax and enjoy.

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Good one!!~~~:grin:

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Can't believe you left you passing. Come on, that's THE most important aspect of a PG and Lin wants to be one.