1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

We need dominant, confident players, not submissive, apologetic wishy-washy ones. Sorry, the truth hurts sometimes.

2. recboil

recboil Member

yes, your reading comprehension skills are stellar. clearly i was trying to show you up. you should donate if he's not traded early next week...that's how it works. deal?

3. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Not sure if you're serious or trolling...

4. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

He is a nice guy though, I have to give him that. The kind you would like your sister to date, and have beers with. I don't hate the player at all, I just don't think the game is a match for the Rockets at this point in time.

5. Sanity2disChaos

Thiz iz funnni, lmaolollmao!

Lin <Rondo

Its just the facts.....

Also you guys are banking on a bunch of "what ifs" with Jeremy.

6. ILoveWhiteGirls

Jeremy Lin vs Jeff Teague 2012-2013 matchup stats, here we go LOH.

Nov 2nd

Lin: 21pts 10rb 7ast
    Teague: 14pts 7ast

Dec 31st

Lin: 16pt 8ast 7stl
    Teague: 10pts 9ast 5to

7. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

LOL! Wow. Nice try!

8. ILoveWhiteGirls

Correction the stat says 4 steals for Jeremy on their december 31st matchup sorry LOH, I'm sorry.

9. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Picking and choosing very narrowly and specifically selected stats proves what exactly?

10. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

So, just to be clear, the argument that Jeremy Lin is overpaid is objectively false. If you look at the salary numbers for point guards who were able to put their services up on the market, he is not even in the Top 10. He's like 14th on the current list (in terms of salary cap hit) and this doesn't take into account all of the new free agents who are probably going to get big raises (Jarrett Jack, etc.). Based on his actual performance (and not made-up or BS numbers like PPG or assist-to-turnover) and his actual salary cap hit, Lin is paid about the going market rate for his services. If you take into account his age, his potential, and the upward trend of his performance over the past season, then he has every chance of being underpaid by the time his contract plays out over the last two years.

There is a second argument that people keep conflating with the first one, and that is that the money spent on Jeremy Lin could be better spent elsewhere. If you want to make this argument, fine, but at least present some viable scenarios, such as moving Lin + Asik for an All-Star PF (there are other threads where people do a great job of breaking down those options). 95% of the scenarios being presented under the guise of this argument (or a combination of this argument and the first) in this thread and others have hilarious targets like Rajon Rondo or Jose Calderon. Players who are actually worse than (or, if you want to be generous, about as good as) Jeremy Lin and who get paid more.

This is the part where the rest of us kind of stand around and wonder WTH is going on, because those arguments make no sense. The team is far better off keeping Asik and Lin than trading both of them for a worse (or equivalent) PG and some additional spare parts. Do you think the Bulls would have loved to have Asik on their roster last year when Noah went down? Or let's buy the hilarious argument that Beverley should actually be starting over Lin - what about teams like GSW and the Spurs who have starting-caliber PG/SG options available to play when their starters go down or as 6th men? Wouldn't it make sense to have Lin available to spell both Harden and Beverley in those cases, instead of relying on the replacement-level pool of benchwarmers that currently rotate around teams each year?

1 person likes this.
  11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

So you take stats like TOs and throw those in there to make the player you're comparing to look worse, while bumping up Lins and showing only good stats?

The bias of your stat posting alone shows how insecure you are about Lin and his performance. Pathetic lol:rolleyes:

12. ILoveWhiteGirls

A win LOH a win. The Rockets won both games in Atl and at Houston

13. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

[​IMG]

14. ILoveWhiteGirls

No LOH, it shows who performed better that night. I'm sorry do you not know how to read LOH? Did you not read the part where I said lin vs Teague matchups, I thought I was very specific on that. It hurts I know it does LOH I know.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member

Just feels like lin is a goner like OP says.. and same for Asik.

Wonder what we can get for those 2.

16. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Cant reason with blind love (or hate), so I will just respectfully bow out of this conversation...good day.

17. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Before dwight signing, I agree with you
    Game Changer bro. The dynamics and potential just looked better for Lin if he stays.

18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I hope so, i'll celebrate the day Lin gets traded as much as i celebrated when we got dwight.

19. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

How is that picking and choosing, he picked the two games the Rox played the Hawks this year?

20. ILoveWhiteGirls

Really? Isn't Dwight signing with the Rockets of a higher note in celebration? So you would put Lin traded the same celebration as Dwight signing with Houston? Wow you must be getting owned a lot on these boards, lol.