1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think for the 3 mil or so difference he could be and probably is worth it. Not really the point I was making. I personally would much rather have a cheaper PG alternative if we are moving Lin. Just pointing out how someone proposing a completely valid trade scenario and what is it met with? Garbage ABJ bs.

2. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

name-calling. Typical LOF.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Umm mate the trade checks out in 2k13 and team OFF/DEF stats went up.
    :p

4. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Rondo was 22nd and Lin was 38th (near the bottom) in USG. Sure, they don't have top 10, heavy usage but if you look at the list, there's a pretty lengthy gap between them.

5. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Im not a Lin hater, I just don't think he is worth what he is making.

Everyones knock on Rondo is that he cant shoot. So what. There are so many other things that he excels at, I can deal with the shooting. He creates scoring opportunities for others better than anyone else in the NBA. He is a great defender. He definitely wouldn't look like a sieve against OKC & Westbrook in the playoffs. He has a mental toughness that we need on this team too. Gotta have a killer or 2 if youre rolling with a bunch of "good times" guys.

Just my 2 cents.

6. recboil

recboil Member

how about you donate if you're wrong. that's how it usually works...you don't usually forego something if you're right (smh...) of course you won't b/c you know he's unlikely to get traded.

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I wouldn't call it name-calling. I guess I should have said "you are moronic" or "it was really stupid of you" after someone posted a moronic reply. I guess that would have been more polite.

The reason why it was frigging dumb was that ABJs have been complaining that Lin doesn't fit this team because, since we have Harden, he has to play off the ball and he's not very good at that. Well, Rondo would be way worse than him. So to say that one wants Rondo instead of Lin is very much not particular smart.

So I pointed out that this guy doesn't think in terms of the team, he just wants "any PG but Lin".

And then some clown tried to imitate me (I notice that he's been doing that for a while) and put words into my mouth. I never said Lin is better than Rondo, just that Rondo isn't a worse fit but much more expensive. So that was quite moronic, just someone over-generalizing, go like, "all Lin fans think Lin is better Rondo" crap.

So in conclusion, I did name-call but it was the correct kind. It was done with evidence, logic and thoughts.

8. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Wow, you sure showed me. :rolleyes:

9. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

You don't think Lin is worth 8.3 million, but you want to pay even more money for a PG who can't spot-up shoot when spot-up shooting is the one thing we need our PGs to be able to do with Harden+Howard.

It's frankly laughable.

10. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Understood. Good explanation, I have to give you that.

11. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Just stop talking to him. He's the one who's going to be gone when Lin goes, since out of his 341 posts I'm prettry sure every single one is a anti-Lin troll post.

12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Don't mind him, he's one of the most irrational ignorant LOFs out there. If there was a leader it would be a close running between him and few others

13. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Not true.

14. Sanity2disChaos

If we can dump Jeremy for Dragic. Then im all for it....

I dont think Lin is any better than Teague....then I think Conley is better than those two and he still can't compete with the next tier of point guards.ijs.

If lin is traded it wont have any dramatic affect on the team....im sure of it.

15. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Roxlove, you have no ****in clue what's going to happen. You are saying he will be traded because thats what you want to happen. Period.

16. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

This coming from a JOL who denigrates both Coach and Beard in his sig.

Keep it classy, JOL's!

17. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

you nervous? I would be, if I were you.

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

That's cool. Problem is, does the theory of "Harden is a ball-dominant SG so the PG has to play off the ball and Lin doesn't fit" hold any water? Are Harden and Rondo good fits?

You do sound a little like ABJ on the other hand. It was Lin's first playoff game he played bad, then he played fine the first half of the second game then he got injured. I don't think it's fair to judge him and construct a team based solely on that.

Rondo is good of course but he's also flawed and not-so-young.

19. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

again, just my 2 cents

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~lol~ you are very entertaining, I have to give you that. ;)