1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hack-A-Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hack-A-Dwight, Jul 6, 2013.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

One thing that hasn't been discussed enough is how fast the Rockets are going to get in the bonus with both Harden and Howard drawing fouls, even when the other team isn't using hack-a-howard.

2. Hack-A-Dwight

Hack-A-Dwight Member

Actually my team was in the finals last season and we were one rebound away from our fifth title. I can careless about the Lakers. I just don't really like Dwight and how he clowns around too much. He needs to be more serious and passionate so he can finally win a game championship. He is gonna be on the same boat as Barkley. He won't win a championship with you guys.

3. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

i know it hurts, but you have to move on. lakers fans.

4. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

That's actually what I thought this thread was going to be about. Harden is going to clean up by getting into the bonus early and we are going to have the longest games in the league between him and hack-a-Dwighsik

5. Hack-A-Dwight

Hack-A-Dwight Member

Yeah some really long games. Hopefully he can just work on his free throws and you won't be in this predicament. Dream used to make all his free throws as did Yao, so let them work with him on his former. His free throw shooting is heinous

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

You're a Spurs fan who hates the Lakers, hates Dwight, and not a fan of his antics. Why did you bother to join this website then?

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

sacre's a much better cheerleader than mark madsen. Sacre gets overdramtic, and takes his cheerleading to another level.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Are we gonna have all the DHOFs and DHOHs signing up here?

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

How many times has hack-a-Dwight actually won the other team the game?

I found a few examples where it didn't work:

On January 12, 2012, the Golden State Warriors hacked Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard intentionally throughout the game, and he attempted a record 39 free throws, breaking Wilt Chamberlain's record of 34 set in 1962. Howard entered the game making 42 percent of his free throws for the season and just below 60 percent for his career. He made 21 of the 39 attempts, and he finished with 45 points and 23 rebounds in the Magic's 117–109 victory. The following season, Howard was traded to the Lakers. In his first game back in Orlando on March 12, 2013, he made 25-of-39 free throws, setting Lakers records for free throws made and attempted while tying his NBA record for attempts. Howard made 16-of-20 free throws when he was fouled intentionally by the Magic.

10. Hack-A-Dwight

Hack-A-Dwight Member

Cause I think Dwight has so much potential but he needs to nurture it more and have a warriors mentality. I actually like the way the Rockets play, I just hope he does not slow you guys down. You guys have an exciting team. He has no mid range game so all you guys are gonna do is throw it in the post and he does not have good post moves. Just want to see him develop more. Light a fire under that b*stard. If he really wants to win a championship for H-TOWN. That's all

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I love to see upset Laker fans, makes my day!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Respect.

I really feel like he can expand his offensive game. He has the tools, the teacher, and he seems to be showing that desire to continue to get better. Hopefully he really puts it together.

We need more of this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2jdDTO31bfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

And YOU brace yourself for missing the playoffs entirely. Your best three players are practically retired at this point and you've got absolutely no good youngsters. I'm betting this is the year Jack Nicholson finally gives up his seat.

14. Hack-A-Dwight

Hack-A-Dwight Member

Thanks. Finally someone realizes I'm not on here trying to rip your team. I just want that cat to dedicate himself and take it seriously instead of constantly joking around. And Dwight always cares what people think about him. Who cares. Put up or shut up like LeBron did. Like Hakeem did. You guys got nice pieces. Just like when u had Mario Elie Otis Thorpe Eddie Johnson, The Jet. He just needs to finally get it done get the monkey off his back

1 person likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Oh, I get it now -- you're one of those long-time Rockets fans who joined ClutchFans in the last week.

16. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

BINGO!

17. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

DOH's touching themselves as they read this thread..

18. amaru

amaru Member

You must have been pretty butthurt to join a Houston Rockets fan site to talk about Hack-A-Dwight.......YOU MAD BRAH?

:cool:

19. afk

afk Member

When McHale said he would hold Dwight accountable, I hope he also meant his freethrows. I REALLY hope he works on that this summer, above all else.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Umm, your idol Timothy Duncan wasn't exactly the poster boy for great free throw shooting at 69%. Not bad, but not 80%, either. In one year, Duncan averaged 60% on free throws.

Shaq was a 52% FT shooter lifetime, Howard is at 58% right now. Duncan is at 69% right now. Hakeem is at 73%. Without the last 2 years, Howard would be at about 60 to 61%. If he can get back to, say, at least 60% on the free throws, we'll take it. I think he can get there.