1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Now that we have Dwight joining the Rockets roster, my sense is that if Lin is traded, I think it's a mistake to expect that a replacement PG has to be as good or better. Beverley is ready and if he proves not to be as good as Lin, I don't think it would matter too much.

2. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Yeeeeehaaaaaaa! can I donate $100 to clutchfans now?

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

ok found more about it: Rockets Prepared To Keep Asik, Lin
    Jul 06, 2013 10:35 AM EDT

The Houston Rockets do not currently have plans to trade either Omer Asik or Jeremy Lin now that they have reached an agreement to sign Dwight Howard.

The Rockets have been reportedly discussing a trade involving either or both Asik and Lin.

The New Orleans Pelicans had been connected to Asik, but a source tells Marc Stein that there is no interest.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

4. seahawk

seahawk Member

Your call :grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>As of now, Rockets have no deals in place and no plans for deals, source says.</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/statuses/353521930617360387">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I think Clutch will not object to that.

6. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

i don't want to be bamboozled. Got to be rock solid before I press

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I want to see how the Asik and Howard combo will mesh and playsout. I like to see for 4 to 5 minutes a game those two play together and see if they can play together. Plus lin is a good pick and roll passer so that should help when our main guy harden is on the bench. this means howard will have a pick and roll passer out there with him at all times.

8. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

You guys are thinking too much. I don't remember Jeremy ever twitting about someone COMING to the Rockets. He welcomed Harden/Cole in the same tweet he said he'd miss Martin/Lamb and that was it.

9. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I partially agree in the respect that we don't need a superstar at point guard. We need a guard who is smart and will be able to initiate/facilitate the offense and get the ball to Howard and Harden. In my opinion, J Lin is way better to fit that role than Beverley. Jeremy's shooting was fine but his assist numbers are way better than Beverley's. if we just want a guard to dribble the ball up the court and pass it to Harden, then sure, Beverley is your man. But if you want someone to run the PnR and drive to the hoop and dish it off to an open man for an easy shot, no one better on out team than Lin.

10. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

No one is safe until the trade deadline. Don't jinx it if you want them to stay :p

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He's a great 3 point shooter, which is what the rockets love. I'm not saying we should go after him though, although I wouldn't mind if he played the same role he did in LA with us

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

We're just waiting for Portland to get desperate.

13. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Just smokescreen. I think Lin is gone.

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

So you won't donate if we don't keep Lin? Also this is Morey we are talking about...

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, this or something similiar.

Of course we don't have a public stance that these guys are going anywhere. It's called posturing/holding the party line in negotiations.

16. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

It's funny that some people want Jeremy gone, without a better option. All the names thrown out here are either not available, not attainable, not affordable, or not sensible. What good can be achieved by just removing him from the team?

If you can get a better replacement, sure. If him being gone makes the team better, why not. If you have better use for the money elsewhere, fine. If you could have gotten player X but for Jeremy, okay.

If you want him gone just because you dislike him, you're either a hater, an ABJ, or a parrot.

17. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

before the howard trade i posted - u can find it
    $100 if Dwight comes and Lin stays - cause I want to see Lin assit to Dwight.

I will honor it if it happens.

18. seahawk

seahawk Member

According to some posters, there are no haters and ABJs on this board. So they must be parrots.:rolleyes:

19. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Here's a radical idea... can we allow people to express their opinions without name calling, please?

20. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

Why the Rockets will/should keep Lin

We have multiple threads saying package deal involving Asik and Lin, and Lin is a goner....etc. I just thought it would be a balance to state why we should/will keep Lin as the starting pg now that we landed D12.

Here are a few good reason ( thought some might have written here many times before )
    - alley oop to D12, Lin's specialty.
    - Lin is on the upswing of his career, other available pg are either reached their peak or on the decline
    - Lin has no ego and has great personality. He can easily mesh with star with ego, ie Howard.
    - Lin met Howard 2 years ago in Taiwan ( or China ) and seem to getting along well.

I am sure there are many other reason Lin should/will stay.