1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL: Rockets land Dwight Howard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 5, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chandler Parsons after Rockets land Dwight Howard: &quot;(GM) Daryl Morey is a genius. It's an honor even being in the same organization w/ him.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/353366086818873344">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. delta69er

delta69er Member

So nosebleed seats this next season are gonna go for $500 a pop right?

3. Vthaker

Vthaker Member

Get used to watching us on national tv more guys! Can't wait for us to be on tv all the time.

4. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Hell yeah. Daryl turned this organization from mediocre to a contender.

God, it feels good to say contender.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight on D'Antoni: &quot;I think that we had our moments, but I think that his style was a little bit different than what I was accustomed to&quot;</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/statuses/353367340764758016">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight on Kupchak: &quot;Mitch is a really good human being and I respect him. So, it was very tough to sit on the phone and talk to him&quot;</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/statuses/353367485422112768">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

6. Rocketfanatic2

I remember when we traded for Harden some people were saying stuff like this.

Not only a knock on Harden but the team as well.

Look at us now.

It's amazing what Morey and the whole organization have done to make us contenders again and in such little time. Awesome.

1 person likes this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol good human being

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Man, I hate the NY media sometimes. I'm listening to ESPN NY and they're saying Houston's no better than a 6th seed. Saying Harden and Howard won't exist, Rockets won't have a point guard. They kept talk about the Lakers (which I find more interesting even as a Rockets fan, so I can't fault them for that).

I get we're not automatic title contenders, but the offseason is far from over. I think- with the right moves in place- we'll at least be in the conversation to be in the Finals.

9. The Stig

The Stig Member

Now that we have Dwight on board, can we address our half-empty-stadium-during-the-regular-season? I'd like us to show that our city truly cares about basketball since I'm 1000% sure we'll be on a couple of national TV games.

10. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

this!

11. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

where the hell is Harden? I haven't seen him tweeting anything as of yet, should have rushed to his mobile phone/PC due to extreme excitement!

12. nomangame

nomangame Member

Wow....it's...simply incredible......

Hope for this team has just got even bigger..:grin:

13. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>We have accomplished nothing. Only work ahead, but 4now I will sound a Barbaric YAWP 2the Rockets staff who worked so hard 2put this 2gether</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/353369044788846592">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Whoops, sorry. Fill out our roster with a legit PF and then round out the bench with defensive players who can shoot the 3 ball.

Then go find a way to fill up the stadium, Toyota Center is now the hosting the big leagues.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/63PpkHTrcjtb?params=zone%3Drockets&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn that's a MIT alumn typing that.

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Man, I still can't believe it. We just secured the best center in the nba to pair with our superstar in James Harden. It really does feel like a dream come true.

Daryl Morey is right, this team is gonna be special.

I love the Houston Rockets.
    I love Clutchfans.
    And I love you all.

18. Penetrate&Creat

At the bar right now and I see this pop up on one if the TVs. HAHA loooool oh my god I can't wait to get on my CPU and read all the comments page for page.

Posted via my crappy iPhone.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Anyone else find it cool that we're essentially in the same boat we were in '05, except with a competent FO and real role players?

We had the best center in the league and one of the best SGs. They both went down and we replaced them with... one of the best centers and one of the best sgs in the league.

I can't think of any team that's not the Lakers that could do that. Bravo, Morey!

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Thanks for that video Commodore.