1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I don't know about his stats, just watched a lot of the Knicks games towards the end.

2. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

Given the right pieces, Lin can have Linsanity like impact (maybe not as good the record as during the actual Linsanity period, not still respectable record).

But Calderon is better fit for Howard.

Doesn't matter, Calderon is not available now.

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EqH6Ve9G5oY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

22 points 8 assit no need for me to further embellish.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So during a stretch when their main offensive weapon was out, Tyson averages a whole 2 points more than his season average and Lin gets to take all the credit for that?

I'm sure he had more FG attempts and usage with Melo out. That's generally what's needed when your big time players go down, everyone else has to step up. Why Lin gets all the credit for this is just crazy.

5. rocks123

rocks123 Member

let him play with howard first if it doesn't work then trade him mid season. If morey was able to move White he can move Lin. No need to go all trigger happy on the chopping block.

6. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Because he was the playmaker. It's not like Chandler was posting up 20 times a game when Melo went out. Tyson got easy looks off Lin's play.

Anyways, who gives Lin credit? People like you give credit to "the system."

1 person likes this.
  7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Not to mention the extraordinary high shooting percentage.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Not defending a Knick. Just trying to keep people within the realm of reality. Lin and the rest of the Knicks had a great stretch, but it wasn't because of Lin that everyone else stepped up. The situation called for everyone to step up, to give Lin all the credit is just not fair to the other professionals on the court.

9. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

lin is not a goner. dh likes his marketing potential in china. lin has also proven himself as a good team player. he showed his willing to do all the little job that could help the rox win.

10. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Linsainty bro , is a story about a bunch of scrubs third stringers coming in save a franchise from oblivion. A Lin was at the apex of it. team work. not melo isoball.

11. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Obviously you didn't watch the games so this conversation ends, I tried to put it in context for you but that didn't work and 2ppg more is bigger than you're giving it credit for

12. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

The hell? This is insane it was most certainly because of Lin

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Did you see his interviews during linsainty run? Please stop hating him.

14. kumakun

kumakun Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TONGqTYXfsA
    I know its been a while but I thought this video of them playing against Memphis would rejolt the reasons why Lin has been great this season.
    The no look passes, the unselfishness, the constant effort on all aspects, and more importantly the way he plays clutch in the 4th quarter with Harden.
    Just can't imagine him leaving after having a great 1st season as a starter and so much more he can develop.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Lol I guess you are right. I obviously didn't follow the huge story and Lin had some sort of magical powers that made everyone better for that stretch.

16. dantian

dantian Member

Calderon signed for 4y/29m, i.e. 7.25mil a year, not much less than JLin's 8.3mil a year.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Wow... Just wow.

18. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

No magical powers just a knack of turning trash into diamonds and saving a season

19. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

But by all means trade him, I don't think he's the perfect fit with Harden but he's a great fit with Dwight, besides you guys don't like him (or his fans) anyway, I just think from an on the floor basketball perspective it'd be dumb to trade him, trade Asik for a 4 and you have no holes

20. Karolik

Karolik Member

how about he actually learn how to play with good players, instead of only showing up when he's playing with trash, you know, kind of like what Lebron James, Dwade, Durant, and any of the championship players do.