1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA league sources ... Rox working on S&T for Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Jul 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Plus Smith(with Dwight protecting at the rim) is the perfect defender for a Lebron or Durant type of player - certainly the two biggest obstacles for a title over the next several years.

2. boozle222

boozle222 Member

Uh... that is truly amazing. The feel those two players had for each other is amazing. Horford knew exactly when to break and Smith led him perfectly. This could be...

[​IMG]

3. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Great we are the new NYKs.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Cool thing is, Smith can throw that ball about a foot higher if he truly wants to.

5. hokage5

hokage5 Member

Indeed.

And, with Lin (hopefully), Beard and chandler on the court, Smoove literally won't be able to take dumb outside shots...he and D12 will be tearing up the paint...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lin isn't garbage but him being injured for the playoffs two seasons in-a-row is a very troubling sign. In my view, it's time to cut bait. His body may not be built for playing 30 mins/game in 82-game NBA seasons. Rockets need a reliable veteran now that they are contenders.

7. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

It's my hope that Harden and Dwight will quickly put him in his place if he starts jacking those shots, which I think they will

8. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

Unfair, Lin's 2nd injury was a freak injury, not a chronic injury...guy started 82 games and was in great shape at the end of the season...he would have been ready for the 2nd round also

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

i am over the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooooooohooO!!

praise God!!

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Member

Josh Smith and Howard ? In what Rocket Universe is this possible ?

Moreyville !

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

could we get jarret jack after we trade for smith?

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Point taken. I still don't trust Jeremy Lin as a starting guard on a championship contender. If the Rockets keep him, they need a veteran backup that can take over when Lin loses confidence.

I'm not worried about the regular season, I'm thinking WCFs and Finals. They can't put their faith in Lin with Beverly as a backup. Waaay too shaky for the ambitions of this team.

13. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

Smith is a perfect fit next to him.

14. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

Jack's 3pt percentage after his first 4 seasons was about as bad as Lin's...what makes you think that Lin won't starting getting his shot down after a long offseason of training and obvious signs of improved shooting last year? Also, Lin's passing ability, penetration, and defense is far superior to Jack

15. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

[​IMG]

16. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

In a vacuum, I'd rather go in a different direction than Smith. True, he hits the boards, plays great D, and has premiere athleticism. But I've seen him quit out on the floor and there is his tendency to jack up shots out of the flow. Even so, part of the price of getting Dwight is bringing in Josh. So, it's a no brainer..Besides, I have a feeling we're going to see the best in Josh...playing with his buddy who just happens to be a true stud 5....on a contender..I think he'll be down with the program.

If I had my drothers, I'd bring in LMA. We have the assets to do it and he wants to come here.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing us roll to a title next year.

17. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

I think everyone here would rather want LMA, but that's almost as much as a pipedream as getting Lebron at this point...we have literally nothing to offer the Blazers

18. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

this board underrates Smith imo. Seriously: his defense is fantastic. Statistically one of the best perimeter defenders in the game if not the best. Howard can be left on an island protecting the rim. You can stick Smith on a guy like Kevin Durant and be done with it.

Spacing and the offense were fine last year with a worse offensive 4 than JSmith and a much worth offensive 5 than Howard.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't like his BBall IQ, he just seems out of place a lot - just does not seem to be all that sharp TBH.

And we have a very smart team with Harden and now Howard etc...

I would rather we go after Love, or Aldridge, or Gasol if he is amnestied...and let one of Tjones or Dmo develop.

DD

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

He fills our most dire need, plays mad defense, rebounds well, attacks the rim and passes as well as any big man. He is FAR from overrated. Lin may benefit from playing with Howard, but not as much as the team will benefit from a guy like Josh Smith.