1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA league sources ... Rox working on S&T for Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Jul 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

Also, don't forget about Smith's good passing ability, guy is a good passer, good rebounder, and elite defender...work with him on his shot selection, and he's a fantastic #3 scoring option on a contender

2. boozle222

boozle222 Member

That's the question. If he can be disciplined, he could be HUGE. Lock down defense against a Lebron or Durant, a constant threat on the inside when Dwight sits, and a great athlete. There is some concern with him, but but him on a team where he has 2 players that are clearly in front of him, he may respond well.

I would be curious how that is approached. I mean how can he come here and think he is a primary option? It would take some humility to take a seat back and realize that he is a "piece" rather than the "guy" like he was in Atlanta.

That being said, he is someone that can take you to the next level if the price is right which may be the key. Signing a back up 2 and 3 needs to be a priority with the left over money (if Lin and Asik are the ones traded).

Also, this buys time for the young 4's to develop and not be thrown into the fire. Frankly, we probably need to move White, too, if we can.

3. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Me too...I even kinda expect of Lin to man up, step up and become a leader of this team...

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

I just don't feel we could send Lin in a SnT. Why would they want him as opposed to just having the cap space? Asik is a given tho. Best value contract behind Parsons in the whole NBA.

5. hokage5

hokage5 Member

Trade Omer, not Lin. 1 - he is an UFA. We don't NEED to trade anyone (unless trying to get under the cap). I think Les would bite the cap, tho, and only trade Omer...

6. AXG

AXG Member

I'd rather keep Asik tbh but if ATL takes Royce White, I'm in.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

That pass @ 20 seconds. Very few players can do that. That part of his game compliments Howard (and cutters like Harden and Parsons) really well.

8. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

How can people still want Garbage Lin?

9. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

i dont really want jsmoove, but i cant deny he is an upgrade. lol....will be interesting to see how mchale handles all these people who need balls in their hands constantly.

10. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Agree, and the best part

[​IMG]

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'm concerned about starting a PF that can't shoot, but I can't deny that Howard/Smith front court is a block party every night, which will further ignite our transition game. We will be FUN TO WATCH.

12. monster

monster Member

I'm very skeptical at the idea of having Beverly our starting PG. Maybe one day, but not yet. I think Lin could be much improved w D12.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

dump them both on atl for a S&T for smith and teague. why would teague turn down playing for a super team + making about 5-6M/yr

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

DD, besides his shot selection, what do you have against Josh Smith?

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Chris Broussard is reporting that it might happen....umm that's not a good sign with his track record.

16. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

He was 'garbage' because asik could not cath his pass to save his life...

17. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

we need to keep Lin not trade him...

18. jae713

jae713 Member

He can't shoot but he is still very mobile for a PF and can space out the floor with his dribbling ability.

19. Another Brother

Lin isn't an elite player but he certainly isn't garbage.

20. clutch citizen

@Chris_Broussard: Trying to confirm that the Josh to Hou deal is happening. Not sure yet