1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Dwightmare

Dwightmare

Dwightmare

I need some sleep lol

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

There isn't much difference between 1) signing Dwight as a free agent and then sign and trading Lin and Asik for Josh Smith and 2) sign and trading Lin and Asik for Dwight and then signing Josh Smith as a free agent.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'm starting to be somewhat certain this whole Golden State thing is media created douchebaggery because they realise LA is out of the game, and clear sailing would be boring.

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Lol, they still have so many doubters. Yall just refuse to believe it.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. k-money

k-money Member

Let me sleep, ClutchFans

7. The Stig

The Stig Member

The first thing I want to hear in the morning is ESPN's breaking news chime on my phone to confirm that Dwight is Houston bound. Good night and hope for the best tomorrow.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

That's where the 3rd team comes in who might be able to satisfy the Lkers needs and we satisfy theres.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL @ the Dwightmare pic... I would totally rep if I could. I needed that laugh. :)

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Just a note for people who have trouble understanding just how ridiculously difficult it is to dump a contract.

The Knicks once traded rookie 8th pick Jordan Hill, the right to swap picks in the next draft, and a future top-5 protected #1 to get rid of Jefferies $7mil contract.

Miami traded Cook(2yr/$6mil) along with 18th pick to OKC for a 32nd pick.

Portland once received the 24th pick in the draft(Rudy Fernandez) in order to absorb James Jones' $3mil contract and paying $3mil in cash.

Kurt Thomas at $8mil final year of a contract was traded for 2 future 1st rounders.

Now you have GSW trying to dump a collective ~$30mil worth of salaries without giving back Barnes or Thompson? Yeah, that's not going to happen. They might as well just make it easy and offer the Lakers enough salary plus Thompson/Barnes + gazillion future 1st rounders. Because that's what will be necessary to just shed the deadweight contracts.

2 people like this.
  11. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

There is one major difference you trade them to the eastern conference and don't give them motiviation to go off on us 4 times a year.

Best Care scenario sign dwight outright and sign and trade asik and lin to atlanta and detroit respectively.

Lakers get nothing and are left flailing their arms in the air!!! Got Em!

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

if we sign him, he'll be here for atleast 4 years so these dwightmare scenarios wont be repeated for another 4 years atleast.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Exactly, unless they give someone Thompson or barnes, no sane GM will touch those deals even if they are in their last years.

14. Adam_Sweeney

Adam_Sweeney Member

Thanks. I had to make it after covering this dude for years. I want him in Houston but he's got more personalities than Ed Norton in Fight Club.

15. erapmicks

erapmicks Member

Its been confirmed that "X" who is in lakersground is CyberX

16. jocar

jocar Member

X/Cyberx

17. dudeimfromhtown

if he signed with gsw he would lose money due to the state income tax and gsw wouldnt be as good as last seasons...

18. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Well that confirmation can only come through an ip address verification has that been officially done?

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I think if X is cyber X our chances are looking good. but didn't he just say earlier no decision is made?. or he has decided he is leaving la but he still has not picked a destination?

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I don't doubt the legitimacy off the "insiders" here on CF at all. However, I doubt thier "source" is either Dwight or Fegan. And I truly think only they know. Cyberx's source is probably someone who was with Dwight's group during the indecisiveness of Dwight in Orlando. So they are probably assuming the same thing will happen again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.