1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With this Dwightmare, was LeBrons decision really all that bad?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jgreen91, Jul 4, 2013.

1. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Guys, with the way Dwight is handling free agency & appears to be more indecisive than a teenage girl, do you now have more respect for the way LeBron handled his free agency?

2. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

You mean the way how he went on national TV and made a circus out of it? (See my answer below)

No.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ismail

Ismail Member

Not at all. As far as I remember, LeBron left Cleveland in the dark until The Decision, and they found out along with the rest of the country. LeBron made a massive spectacle out of the whole situation.

The key word is Dwight "appearing" to be indecisive. For all we know he has had his mind made up and is waiting until Friday. I have no problem with how he has handled free agency this year. Whatever team he signs with is the team he spends the rest of his prime with, that's a big decision and a couple of days is perfectly reasonable. For whatever reason, people are over-analyzing free agency nowadays, with every little leak/tweet/blurb being ultra important. He only looks indecisive cause everyone and their source has an opinion these days.

Didn't Kobe take two weeks to decide he was resigning with the Lakers in 2004 (or whenever that was)? I don't remember this much fuss about him, and in my mind he was far and away a better player at the time.

2 people like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess National TV was a stunt but he made his decision quick so I give him benefit of the doubt

5. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

How is Dwight causing a nightmare in free agency?

He's accepted meetings and is thinking over his options...

1 person likes this.
  6. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

Dwight has made errors in the past, but he's done nothing wrong this time, yet. All of this is media, fan, and "insider" speculation. Of course he still has a chance to make a fool of himself when he announces his decision, but LeBron still holds the gold standard in that department.

Just because your team won two championships doesn't mean that the spectacle of The Decision was any less bad. You already have the goods, you don't need to whitewash history.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

A lot of people overlook the fact that proceeds of The Decision went to charity. So the reality is with "The Decision" LBJ did a lot more good for the world than majority of these butt hurt fans have done their entire life.

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Lebron is probably the most criticized athlete without doing anything truly malicious, unconstitutional, or immoral on record. It's amazing.

Although, I feel Durant will start to receive a little bit of hate next year. I saw a little bit of spot light on him last year when he started getting those technical. Sounds CRAZY, but I think Durant will get some hate.

9. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Publicity stunt to save face. Regardless it was a nice gesture, but realistically if he wanted to do something he could donate himself.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's the exact same thing. Do the Lakers know if Dwight will resign with them, or will they know along with the rest of the country? If you think about it, LBJ made his decision really quickly and he never took back something he said during FA, Dwight extended his FA for two years now.

Sure LBJ made a spectacle about it, but regardless of whether he did or did not people will make a spectacle about it anyway, like what is happening now with Dwight. WHy not then go all the way and raise money for charity?

11. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

I don't see how Dwight has been at fault AT ALL. Howard has been completely silent and accepted meetings with teams that wanted to make their presentations; it's been analysts and "insiders" that have been putting out tons of falsified information for their "sources" to make themselves seem more credible.

1 person likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

National TV special and the "not one, not two, not three.." thing are the difference.

1 person likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, not at all. Dwight has not told a network to schedule an hour so that he could make the announcement while not giving his team of many years any kind of heads up.

LeBron's handling of his decision was absolutely pure crap. This is nowhere even close to that.

14. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

This dude is a Heat fan, that's why he's trying to revise history in this manner.

15. conquistador#11

the decision>scott bora's summer of beltran > brett favruh's to retire or not to retire>dwightmare

16. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

lebron did not have the decision until july 8th... its only july 5

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OP, have you completely lost your mind?

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, it wasn't "that bad." It was worse.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Wow people have short memories. There was no need to go on national television behind the guise of "dis 4 charity" and then tear Clevelands heart out.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Meh. Dwight isn't from the LA area, wasn't drafted #1 overall by LA and has only spent 1 year there. Cleveland lost a generational talent who was supposed to take them to the promised land. LA lost a guy who won't even go down as one of the franchises 10 best players. On top of that LA essentially got him for nothing with the way Bynum is looking. So if you look at it just from the teams/city perspective LA has nothin on the possible "pain" Cleveland had to endure.