1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL^^^

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight Howard is pondering his future in Aspen. Not a good omen for Lakers, who are not the favorites when Howard left LA</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/statuses/352429362315935745">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Illegal Machine

HOLY CHRIST.

C'mon, dude.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm pretty sure Dwight made up his mind before free agency, but his agents convinced him to hear everyone out. If he went to the Rockets without listening and appearing to consider staying then he would look worse.

I don't think Doc is always right but I do believe it in this case. Harden and Parsons talk to Dwight everyday. You don't think Howard told them what he really thought?

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Based on what? :confused:

What do do you mean by supportive? Do you mean "least likely to turn on you?" If so, I guess that might be true due to the relative lack of passion in the city for sports, especially basketball. This BBS does not reflect the general sports fan in this city.

60% of this city can't even watch the Rockets or Astros on television yet there's been no major migration over to Comcast.

If you mean supportive in terms of turning up to watch, buying memorabilia, watching him on tv, etc. we aren't even close.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

slickricky has never been to Houston

6. conquistador#11

sources told me, moses went up on a mountain once. he too had a beard. coincidence?

7. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Houston, Texas is in the Central Time Zone (CST) of the US. This means that Houston is -6 hours of UTC/GMT during Standard Time or 6 hours behind. However, Houston is 1 hour ahead of El Paso, which is in western Texas, and is in the Mountain Time Zone. You can find more information here: www.timetemperature.com

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Is timetemperature a legit source?

9. Drunk_Goat

Drunk_Goat Member

Right now I'm picturing Dwight outrunning Russian spies up a snowy mountain then screaming his decision at the summit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. TheSource

TheSource Member

broussard needs to stfu about this dallas ****

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oh come on man.

http://www.timetemperature.com/tztx/elpaso.shtml

12. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

Check your info before you throw it out the man! Unless you're looking to get a rash of @#$% See my sig for reference. ;)

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. Besides, everyone on the planet knows that we're on Central Standard Time because the state capital, where I live, is in Central Texas, and Texas being Texas, the whole damn time zone was given the moniker because of Austin.

Common knowledge, people. Wake up!

14. Illegal Machine

Dwight's dude said he's clearing his head with some mountain air.

ASPEN, COLORADO.

Not everything everyone says is some gawttamn riddle.

15. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I really feel good about this? Just the Fact that the Lakers still have Mike Dantoni as their coach gives me hope...

After the media has publicly stated that he doesnt like his system,
    They kept him.. That shows how much they want him???

Well see

16. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Umm..wtf... I'm not sure about that.

17. smr6

smr6 Member

Obviously nothing about going to Dallas makes any sense at all, but there still is a chance he can end up there. I would be beyond angry if he did simply because there is nothing they can offer there that makes sense to go. However, what kind of concerns me (just me being a Houston fan you know how it is) is that there has basically been nothing said about the Dallas meeting whether good or bad. I don't have a good feeling, but then again we have all been let down too many times before that this is our natural reaction. If he chooses LA I can say okay, he cared more about being a movie star. If he chooses Dallas I will just be furious because it would be the most idiotic thing to do. Which is why I am not ruling it out, the world loves to make me mad sometimes! :(

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I like how Broussard talking about Dallas consistently fails to mention that they still need to find a taker for Marion who won't send salary back. I don't think that's nearly as easy as moving T-Rob was.

19. rocketblood713

Doc Rocket had people trippin on here last night lol

20. rocketfaithful

Agreed. How has somebody not shot him and his big mouth yet. I'm 100% positive I could do his job better than him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.