1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Heflin/O'Donnell/Hastings guy here

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I think Parsons might have been a peace offering to Fegan, also Fegan's boss (happy whatshisname runs the place) took the meetings as well so....

One thing I also noticed a few weeks back, Rudolph tends to point out the tactics being employed, and mentioned that Dwight has clued in on the media.

Broussard is making **** up, like literally making **** up.

3. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Great meetings with <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward">@DwightHoward</a> . Group Going 2 get some Mountain air to clear the mind and make some decisions.</p>&mdash; Happy Walters (@Happywalters) <a href="https://twitter.com/Happywalters/statuses/352422683729854465">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. TheSource

TheSource Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sources: Howard retreating to Colorado or Montana for free-agent decision. <a href="http://t.co/ULgEOVhIQn">http://t.co/ULgEOVhIQn</a></p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/statuses/352424556746641409">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

isint phil jackson in montana ?? uh oh

6. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Not good.

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

9. King Drew

King Drew Member

I love this gif!!! Cudi!!!!!!

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

= need to con-vince this fool to take the bigger con-tract in LA so i can get PAID.....or I push him down the mountain

11. yo

yo Contributing Member

12. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

The funniest part of this whole thing is going to be the reactions on here if Dwight doesn't choose us. I'm in the middle; I would love to have Dwight but I'd be a fool to say I wasn't intrigued by the idea of watching Omer grow and going for Aldridge/Love when the time comes.

The only way I will really be upset is if we don't get Dwight and decide to throw too much money at Josh Smith

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Chill lol

14. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I LOVE Rudolph. He really knows how the media game works and can sniff out and break down BS well. Having him around is a big help for Dwight, I'm sure.

I've done a fair amount of study and work in media, media analysis and public relations. Most of the sports writing done today is poor. That's not a shock, the best writers don't tend to go into sports writing. Still, the days of great writers like Jim Murray are long gone. The internet lends itself to a different style, and usually that style is over-the-top, incredibly biased stuff. Berger is a great example of that.

It's sad. But there are still some great reporters out there and some excellent young talents, guys like Zach Lowe, Tom Haberstroh, some others.

Berger has excellent sources. He's not a bad writer. The problem is, he's extremely heavy-handed in how he writes (over the top) and he's obviously biased. Because of that, it cheapens his prose.

15. hbomb

hbomb Member

Hurry up Dwight!

DH to Houston! Lin to ____ --ClutchFans approved statement

16. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Dwights agent didnt say specifically. Berger is just speculating. One last tweet in favor of LA to soothe LA fans?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Broussard on SC:

He's looking at a few things: where can he win next season? He needs to start winning now. Where can he win long term? Then where can he improve his brand? His image used to be great. How can he rebuild his image? That was a big part of the Lakers pitch. Fourthly, where can he have fun? That's when he'll be at his best: when he's having fun and people aren't looking down on him for smiling and all this and that. He'd like to be the face of a franchise. That's where Dallas comes in. Dirk says it's your team, I'll play the supporting role. Kobe is going to be the man. Period. James Harden may be the man. Those are the three teams really in the running.

Who is in the lead?

All of them feel good. Houston feels very good. They think their meeting went well. Most people said Houston is the front runner. Dallas came out of the meeting feeling they had a shot. The Lakers, Dwight loves living in LA. He likes everything except the basketball situation. I talked to someone in the meeting and said no surprise, Dwight was indecisive and doesn't know what he's going to do. Dwight is a people pleaser.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What caused 30 pages of posts since I went to bed late last night? Anything? My brother in law is a hair stylist with a high dollar clientele in the Galleria area, dudes from River Oaks and Memorial have been seeing him for many, many years (he's a great guy, a Cajun, and cracks them up with his jokes and stories). So should I ring him up and ask if he's heard the "inside scoop" on the Dwight thing?

Doesn't this all get pretty silly after a while? And isn't that the understatement of the decade?

19. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I think Dwight is "country." So him going to Montana or Colorado may just be some fishing and relaxing. Not necessarily a meeting with Phil Jackson or anything.

I think it's good he leaves LA. It will give him some distance to be able to say bye-bye to LA if he makes that choice, some mental space from the place when he makes his decision.

20. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Can Broussard shut the **** up about Dallas? He's pissing me off with all this talk of the Mavericks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.