1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Thought the same thing. I was stationed in California years ago as a teenager and swore I'd never live there. Took my family on vacation a couple of years ago and loved it. Expensive, but definitely a nice place to live. Driving down the strip in Anaheim in the summer time at sunset with the sunroof open and 80 degree weather is something ill never forget.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So sign Howard and trade for John Wall?:confused:

3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Have y'all been to LA in recent years? It is really a dump. I would agree that in the 90's Houston was a great place to make money and if you found a neighborhood you liked and were comfortable in than it was very tolerable but this has all changed.

Houston is a destination city now. Inside loop 610 is vibrant, exciting and offers a better lifestyle than any other major US city.

LA is expensive, run down and outside of Hollywood and nice natural geography offers little.

It's not what you make it's what you keep.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He and Skip are both on vacation.

5. Nero

Nero Member

LOL yeah, they're poor.. :grin:

Maybe I should say, it just seems that any owner who would be willing to trade for Lin probably would not be deterred by the extra $$, seeing as how he is this huge cash cow and all, to hear the national media tell it.

I mean, which would people prefer - a player with an 8mil cap hit, but only MAKING 4 mil? Or a player with an 8mil cap hit, but actually making more than that?

In the first instance, people would be screaming, like it's 'wasted cap space - dead money' etc.

In the second instance, it's more like you are 'getting away with something' - having a player with a contract you couldn't normally afford, but because of the weird rules, you can have the more expensive guy, but only pay half the cap hit.

Eh, I dunno, I doubt he would be that hard to move.

But, moot point, as Morey clearly stated that he is not trying to move Lin or Asik.. ;)

6. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

You must have gone to only the ghetto areas. If you're rich, LA is awesome.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah it's mostly twitter bull**** lol. I was just getting ready to make a comment along the same lines as yours. All this rumor mongering is stupid. Twitter is filled with so much mindless unvetted information. It is impossible to gauge anything because everyone is throwing around everyone else's bad information.

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Soo upppdatte please?

9. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

No need. I don't live in Houston and am as happy as I can be. Problem solved.

I am a big fan of the team. The city is not for me. I'm sure it's for a lot of others though, hopefully Dwight.

10. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Looks familiar to this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l9GuAzxS9F8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

LA is an amazing city its far better to live there than most anywhere else in the country including Houston. If Dwight stays because of loving the life in LA - then clearly what he does outside of the court matters to him more than whats on the court.

The natural geography offers little? Are you ****ING kidding me? Where else can you go to the beach or be able to snowboard within an hour of each other?

LA lifestyle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Houston lifestyle its not even close -- especially for a person who is a multi-millionaire like Dwight

12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I agree but NYC is the best city in america and its not even close. I would still choose SF and SD cali over houston...but beyond that there isnt much.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And. we're going to win a title with these guys ?!?

14. pass_to_Hakeem

I live out here and I don't want to leave. It's BEAUTIFUL here , so much to do out here. I just wish it wasn't so expensive :(

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I can't remember which NBA analyst said this but....

"If Dwight stays in LA and the team wins Kobe will get the praise and if the team loses Dwight will be blamed."

I thought that was an interesting statement. And if Dwight considers that, then LA might not be that appealing.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Still worth the extra finger swipes to avoid the irony of a typo while questioning another's intelligence. Might as well use "ur" with that logic.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mark Medina:

When you weigh everything, the edge goes to Houston. More clarity with their roster but anything is possible. The thought process of Dwight, he'll measure it on a basketball decision and use these meetings as a fact finding mission as far as what each team's plan is to build the roster, ownership's strategy to help him get a championship. I don't think he's decided on any team right now and wants to use these meetings. Who knows what's going to happen.

People close to him say his thought process will have nothing to do with the PR component. He's strictly motivated which team will best help him win a title. You have to take it for what it's worth.

18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

90% of LA is a dump. 10% is awesome for the very wealthy (which dwight is)

but honestly even if I had money like howard...I wouldnt want to go there because most of the city is dirty, broken, and depressing.

Unless you have a helicopter going anywhere in the city is a nightmare.

19. Rudy

Rudy Member

When Dwight asked Morey if we could sign a 3rd superstar, first thing I thought of is that this D12 doesn't seem sure enough of himself that he couldn't take this team to win a championship.

20. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

You have a keen eye!!!

Is this from his trip to China recently?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.