1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LA media prepping Howard for a traitor spin when he "backtracks" on his "word" he'd resign.

They want to pressure him into staying.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

His cap hit will be only 8.3 million, but his actual pay for the next team he goes to will be 15 million the year after next.

3. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Whoever wins Howard sweepstakes will land the NBA's biggest loser

1 person likes this.
  4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Has anyone noticed how many times the favorite changed whilst Dwight was asleep? lol

1 person likes this.
  5. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Well, Broussard is not someone the GARM would call a person in the know :p But here, he could just mean that Lin literally gets paid $15M 2 yrs from now. Even though he (and Asik) are $8.3M cap hits for 3 yrs, they are still paid by the owner 5/5/15, even if they are traded. So the owner who picks up the tab pays almost double the cap hit (out of his own pocket).

6. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Because the owner still has to PAY 15 million the last year. If you trade lin or asik next year, you pay 15 million for one year of service, even if the cap hit is 8 million. It's easy to forget these things when it isn't your money being spent, and it most certainly calculates into an owner rejecting or accepting a lin/asik deal.

If we're trading either of these guys, the time to do it is this year when the owner gets them at roughly 10 m per year, which is a lot more reasonable.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If you get'em drunk enough, yes.

8. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I can't imagine many free agents turning down Jeanie &amp; Phil in a meeting. I don't feel the same about Jim &amp; Mitch.</p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/statuses/352105316227350529">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If Phil Jackson were to the Lakers what Pat Riley is to the Heat, they wouldn't miss on many free agents.</p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/statuses/352105410318184452">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I would be down with that. 2 year, team option contract. Keeps flexibility for next year.

10. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

The fact of the matter is simple - no one knows what Dwight is thinking. No one.

I bet he knows where he is going, but he's giving each team "consideration".

11. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Ok if this isn't enough hints and clues and conspiarcies on where Howard will sign...check this video out....especially the beginning where John Wall and Howard meet Yi.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JweSut18OeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Meant Conspiracies

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If you're rich

Remember, anybody that posts anything has an agenda. Usually it's self-promotion self interest and a payday. There are legitimate journalist who post properly vetted news as a part of their job but most of these tweet guys are just driving eyeballs to their site or trying to get a break into sports reporting. If it's an anonymous source, or "some are saying" that's your tip off to BS.

I don't know what J. R. and Cyberex's agendas are, but I don't care. They entertain me.

(my agenda is teaching healthy skepticism in an ever more unreliable world, staying connected with a community I identify with and my own entertainment)

#2833 Dubious, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  14. rockets13champs

Chris palmer being a little b**** keep saying dwight leaning towards LA and hes strongly resigning

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

$20M over 2 years. Throw in $3M cash, you basically are paying the same as the cap hit.

16. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I have spent months at a time all along the west coast.

LA today is not what LA was in the past. It's a real dump, it's depressed. I think berb living in Houston is terrible but over the past 10 years living in the city center is not only much better it is where I would want to be in the United States if I had to live in a major city.

17. Nero

Nero Member

Maybe so, maybe since it's not my money, it just doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. Now, if the owner was Jim Crane, then yeah, it would be a factor, because that guy seems like he must always be on the verge of not being able to pay the rent and his cable bill in the same month.

But these NBA owners, it just doesn't seem like that would be a factor - seems like cap hit is the only real factor. Which is what allowed us to steal Lin & Asik in the first place.

At least enough so that these media guys should stop just saying '15 million next year' without qualifying it more than that. Because I can bet you, he still thinks Lin will count 15mil to the cap.

Ah well.

Thank God for Clutchfans and the gurus we have here! :)

18. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

The grammar police are not needed on a message board. I was using my phone while taking a dump reading clutchfans.

If this were a formal letter sure.

19. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Chris Palmer is annoying, but how is he a little b**** if he thinks Dwight signs with the Lakers?

Many here think Howard is going to sign with the Lakers (myself included). Are they b****es too?

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Where were you during the lockout?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.