1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Royce White Still A No-Show This Summer (UPDATE: On the trade block)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 1, 2013.

1. the shark

the shark Member

Respect is something you earn.
    It's not just given away.

Please tell me what he's done to earn respect?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that went badlee but the whole ordeal was majical for him

3. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

It's fun to read all the these old threads from last summer and see how wrong people were.

4. TISNF

TISNF Member

"Not one, not two, not three, not four..."

[​IMG]

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've been a supporter, but my patience is wearing thin. If he is actually working out and shows up to summer league and training camp in great shape, then I'll still be rooting for him. I expect him to be excellent in the summer league and get some good comments at training camp.

If he is not working out on his own or with the team, then I give up supporting him.

I must say with all due respect to Clutch, the article seemed to imply certain conclusions which were not fair. Even if it is true that White isn't working out at the Toyota center, that doesn't mean he's not working hard this summer on fitness/basketball.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The article was great. You being a "supporter", Mathloon, is no surprise, because you are always wrong.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Like others have said, I hope the team sues his fat ass and get all their money back. He hasn't earned a single dollar he's received... and to me, he's pretty much a thief. Good human being? **** that shiz.

When he goes broke and hungry, I'll be comfortably laughing.

1 person likes this.
  8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He's being paid millions of freaking dollars much more then he should ever gain or deserve in a real job and he's acting like some spoilt entitled brat.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a real thing.

10. LiveEatSleepRox

Just to put into perspective, this "man" is wasting valuable salary cap space, a roster spot for someone who's pumping it in the gym everyday over the summer, has the mental stability of a over-boiled potato but still thinks he can talk smack about his skills whilst not playing basketball for months.

Then to top it all off he earns more than one of our core (and much better looking) Parsons.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember back when the Astros signed Doug Drabek to a long contract and he didn't even come close to playing up to it? The Astros changed their policy after that to never offer older pitchers more than a 3 year contract so they wouldn't get hung up with bad deals anymore. It was actually a factor when Randy Johnson came to town and wanted a 4 year deal to stay with the Astros. They wouldn't do it.

This Royce White thing has turned into such an unbelievable, embarassing, distracting fiasco that I have to wonder if perhaps the Rockets might change their policy with regard to taking "risks" on certain types of players...because I can't imagine Daryl Morey would EVER take a chance that he might go through something like this again. And I don't blame him.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

already modified draft policy. after we got real talent in harden.....

13. Illegal Machine

Randy Johnson for 4 > Woody Williams for 2

/thread hijack

14. hbomb

hbomb Member

Royce > Lin

15. monster

monster Member

I can't believe how mentally weak this guy is. H's afraid of his own shadow but continues to blame everyone else.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly as I see it, and as a result will not seek professional help, instead stays safe with a general practioner, there is nothing to see here this guy is done.

DD

17. Star

Star Member

Worst pick of all time.

18. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

If Royce hasn't been requested to be present anywhere for team activities, I'd append the title. "Royce White a no-show" is misleading.

19. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

He in town why can't he go down and practice on his post game or jump ****? You are an athlete being in shape should be a given! I can see long winded... Him not having gut don't mean he's not basketball shape. Its the principal of it all. Reward those who try and wants it! Anyone going outside the box of the organization should not be rewarded as simple as that. Royce should be waived or his option not picked up.

20. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

The fact that a hardworking player may be cut because of his guaranteed contract is dosgusting

1 person likes this.