1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Wouldn't surprise me.

2. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

If Josh Smith was at the meeting and Houston can sign him and Dwight, it's over.

Let me put it to you like this: It seems there was a good reason why the meeting began at one place and ended up in another place.

Why would that happen?

One reason that might happen is so you can bring someone else into the meeting without other people finding out about it.

Nothing is done yet. But man, I'm pumped.

Utah, you beat us in 1997. But, boy, if things work out right, Houston may be coming back home to The Finals.

[​IMG]

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...then that would have to be the dumbest mind game I have every heard.

I didn't pick up on the Taj Mahal reference and I guarantee you I'm about 1000x more likely to catch that reference than anyone in Dwight's circle - let alone be able to parse a meaning from the song that could be construed as "pro LA".

Who cares how awesome your references are if the person your telling them to won't understand what your talking about? It just means you failed at basic communication.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You're right! But my hopes are up for DH... I'm gonna be pissed if we don't get him.

I'll get over once we do something else though lol

5. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

Phil Jackson to ATL?

6. SevenMinuteAbs

I would imagine the meeting began at one place so they could have dinner, and ended at another place do they could put on a presentation. I could be wrong though.

7. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

[​IMG]

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Brad Newley only fan? :eek: , joking :p

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

what is the uni-verse in comparison to the trilo-verse or hexaverse:grin:;)

10. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

whoops, failed at that. But Arye_abraham has a pic of a plaque saying 'Houston Rockets Meeting Board Room' in the hotel, I highly doubt that's the hotel that Dwight and his agent are at, it's more likely that's the conference room the Rockets booked to prepare for the meeting?

11. TheSource

TheSource Member

this was already confirmed that the rockets had a conference room reserved but were having the meeting some where else

12. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Whatever hotel it was, the Wilshire or the Bel Air or whatever, I'm sure could be set up to handle a presentation. Not saying the presentation had to be done there, but hotels usually can handle that kind of thing and do regularly, for conferences and such.

The "secret location" was picked by Dwight and his agent.

When you put all the info we heard tonight together, well, I like where it's leading. I'll just leave it at that.

I don't want to ruin the cake while it's still being baked. :)

13. Htown's Finest

Exactly.

Either no other big media people knew about this meeting with Howard and Smith or they have been sworn to secrecy. And for a man of Adrian Wojnarowsk status I am not that naive to believe for one second that he did not hear wind of this. It seems like these big media people are mouths for the GM's and have a quid pro quo relationship on hand. GM's release to the world what they want released, while the media people get the full scoop and only release a morsel of the truth and still get repped lol.

14. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

image just released of meeting

[​IMG]

larger size
    [​IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

1 person likes this.
  15. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I'm with you man. I worked in media a bit. If you have a contact and you cross that contact, no more stories for you. So you learn when to shut up.

I LOVE where this is going. Love it.

16. GIGO

GIGO Member

Les as Judas?!

17. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Great pic, RocketGirl. Repped! :)

18. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

Perhaps Smith was present. I doubt it, but maybe. I find it interesting that Morey had TWO iPads

19. deshen

deshen Member

What? LOL.

20. Htown's Finest

http://hoopshype.com/
    The picture below the main story tells you all you need to know right there. Everything that has been said or speculated tonight is in "plain view" on the picture below David Lee (or main story). Most people would have totally over looked it lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.