1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets lone draft pick #34 2013 NBA draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

Did you see the part where I put 'If we get a top 15 for Robinson'?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Joey Dorsey won a Euroleague championship with Olympiacos playing SIGNIFICANT minutes...

FACT...

After signing a two year contract, Joey publically criticized the team, forcing them to release him. Again, Olympiacos cut him because he publically criticized the team. His skills were very much enjoyed over their in Greece.

What ever happened to Jan Vesely? :grin:

3. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I actually think OKC will draft Giannis Adetokunbo with their 12th pick. They are also watching their cap situation. I think Morey is going to have to jump ahead of them if that's the guy he wants. But if there are guys like CJ and Shabazz on the board and he passes on one of them for Giannis and Howard doesn't come. I'd be highly ticked off...

4. Rocket Booster

False and more lies.

Dorsey played 14 minutes a game in Euroleague when Olympiacos won the championship last year. He averaged 4.2 points and 4.4 rebounds per game.

FACT and actual LINK to PROVE it

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=003508&seasoncode=E2011

Dorsey was playing terribly with Olympiacos this season in 2012-13 and complained that he was not getting the offense run through him in the low post. He complained to the coach about that.

The coach told him he would NOT get touches in offense because he was not good enough to get them. Dorsey through a big hissy fit and was kicked off the team.

FACT

Dorsey's numbers in Euroleague this season before he threw his hissy fit over not getting viewed as a viable option on offense by his team's coach and getting kicked off the team

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=003508&seasoncode=E2012

A legendary 3.3 points per game and 4.3 rebounds per game, and oh yeah 13 minutes per game.

FACT with LINK for PROOF

Oh and yeah, AFTER Dorsey got cut by Olympiacos, the team of Olympiacos WON ANOTHER EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR WITHOUT HIM EVEN BEING ON THE TEAM.

FACT

Dorsey was also cut by his first Euroleague team Baskonia, after he played very badly with them in the Spanish League and Euroleague.

FACT

From now on, when you post your BS lies here, it is getting called out.

1 person likes this.
  5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Sorry for misunderstanding. I thought you could understand I was talking about Euroleague or NBA. My mistake.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I never understood the Vesely thing. A superathlete, played pretty hard. That's cool. But he couldn't really pass and his defense was far below average. And he got all that Kirilenko hype. Hilarious.

I guess someone with his athleticism and coming from a basketball family was worth the risk somewhere.

But I don't see why someone would be surprised when he busts. Even if you are great defensively, you still have to either be able to pass well or shoot well to be a legit starter. Otherwise you are stuck in the Mbah a Moute territory.
    Vesely was poor as a shooter, passer and defender. He was a flashy role player - but still just a role player - on a below average Euroleague team. The ultimate gamble.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Speaking of Kirilenko, this guy seems to fit the Rockets' M.O. at #34:

Livio Jean-Charles, 6'9 tweener forward, Villeurbanne ASVEL

Very long, very athletic, quick laterally, very good defender, moves all the time and very high energy on both ends. Very thin and needs to learn to shoot as well as most things offensively. If he doesn't get better as a shooter, he might be a PF in which case he's way too thin.

Still, 6'9, tweener, significant upside, doesn't have to come over right away (=cap space short term).

I'm only half joking here, I won't be surprised to see him as the Rockets pick unless some of the projected 1st rounders drop.

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

Livio could be picked up earlier than #34, thats a shame.

9. basketballholic

Several teams are wanting out of their picks in the 20's including the Nuggets at #27.

The idea of getting a future first for one of those picks won't happen. They'll have to settle for second rounders in this draft or a future second.

I think this is an opportunity for us to move up and get a better role player, perhaps Reggie Bullock or Ricky Ledo. Denver picks for us, we pick for them. Trade is completed after Dwight signing.

10. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SeJwEnOjcro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What about this guy? I mean maybe we can trade Royce White for a late 2nd rounder and pick him up.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Who would trade a 2nd for Royce? You would likely have to give up a few 2nds to get rid of him.

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Its funny because its true! :grin:

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, he played a shade under 20 minutes a game for them, both years. A very significant player, in a secondary league of mediocrity... :)

I'm glad he left more significant playing time for NBA stars Acie Law and Josh Powell, who combine for about 40 minutes a game on the cream of the crop in Europe... :grin:

#413 RudyTBag, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  14. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

We need a backup 3 since we declined 'Cisco. There isn't a guarantee he'll be back either. Why not pickup DeShaun Thomas with the 34th pick?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NnVS_8H_1_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Rocket Booster

I posted the links to the official stats on the official site of Euroleague. 14 minutes per game and 13 minutes per game for Dorsey in Euroleague with Olympiacos.

And Josh Powell only played 13 minutes a game, and was by far the worst player on the entire team.

Again, proof:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=004422&clubcode=OLY&seasoncode=e2012

You just proved you are a LIAR to the whole forum. Congrats.

16. 45souf

45souf Member

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Keep in mind, your links combine Olympiacos and Vitoria. He played 9 min in VItoria, 17-ish in Olympiacos.

Re Powell, he's talking about Powell and Law combined.

Anyway, I'm not sure what's the argument? Of course Euro teams are weaker and they'll stay weaker. For every Nikola Pekovic that the NBA takes away, Euroleague has to take a Joey Dorsey, so...

But we aren't talking about D-League / NBA difference either. More like Duke vs. Lehigh (Patriot League).

Also, not everyone translates equally well. NBA wings and bigs generally have more success than the little guys. Sonny Weems, Batum or Kleiza were better Euro pros than Ty Lawson or D-Will. I think that's in big part the hand checking rules.

18. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

What would we have to give Charlotte for the 4th pick?

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Parsons+something I'd guess... The best Bobcats future piece plays SF though.

20. Normalus

Normalus Member

Parsons may be top3 in this years draft. Why should we trade him for that crap....to Bobcats? Chandler will be mad, very mad :D