1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry leaning to opt out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by haydenfisher342, Jun 22, 2013.

1. haydenfisher342

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/landry-leaning-toward-opting-out-testing-free-agency

"He's worth a lot more than the contract he has and the direction (we're moving) toward is him opting out," said his agent, Mark Bartelstein. "Things can change, but that's where it's leaning."

Landry signed a two-year, $8 million contract last summer with the second year as a player option. He has until Wednesday, the day before the NBA Draft, to decide whether to opt in to the remaining $4 million or choose to become a free agent. He is not expected to inform the Warriors until close to the deadline.

"(The Warriors) knew it was essentially a one-year deal when he signed," Bartelstein said. "They got him at below market value."

Warriors general manager Bob Myers agreed.

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Hmm... Landry is not worth that much more I think and the Warriors is the perfect situation for him. He's not a starter and I don't know where he would be better suited. Heat might take a look though,

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't watch much of Warriors games, but they seem like a fun team. Does he not fit into their game plan or something?

How much more money will teams pay him that's more than 4mil/year?

4. haydenfisher342

Agreed. Someone may overpay. I would love to see hayes and landry back in a rockets uniform. My guess hes going to want at least 10 mil a year.

5. Jharden13

Jharden13 Member

He does certainly but it's if they can afford him and Jack.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Damn... 10mil for a bench role? Or maybe he can start for a really bad team. Either way, he's a bit undersized for a PF.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I think it's the years guaranteed he wants rather than the annual salary. If he can get a full MLE then that's only ~2M more per year but the cumulative total would be a lot more than just playing for a 1yr 4M contract which he might not even live up to next year. He needs to cash out while his value remains somewhat positive.

8. Jharden13

Jharden13 Member

If GS offer him a deal worth over 4 million for more than just a 1-2 year deal..he will take it a feel.

9. Jharden13

Jharden13 Member

The GS owner has started they want both jack and landry back and will match what they view as there market value.

10. haydenfisher342

interesting, makes sense. I watched more then half of this years GSW games, because my lil bro is a GSW fan, and its usually because im kicking his door down because my League Pass is buffering. Should of never game him my password, and he doesnt follow the "If houstons playing, it takes precedent over your game, you can watch it when its archived" HA what was i thinking.

back to Landry, hes legit. His rebounding has improved and hes on lock for his mid range jumper. I would assume that holds some value around the league, but i mean many players are payed 10 mill plus who put in half the numbers landry puts up. 10 mill is over kill.

11. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

I think he's worth more than 4 per year. Maybe around the 6 mark for a large bench player role that's able to fill in for a starter and perform an adequate job. 3 years for 18 mil is around what a player of his production is able of getting. I think he wants at least one long term deal with decent money. Hard to believe he's turning 30 in September... I still remember him as a rookie for us with Scola like it was yesterday.

12. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

How'd he go from averging 18. to 11 points? in a couple seasons? He get injured?

I always thought he was good for at least 15pts a game, evenin coming off the bench. He's got low post moves, a midrange jumper, good FT%. Someone will definitely pick him up. Kind of a tweener, but he's a pure scorer.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Enjoy the luxury tax Warriors

14. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I miss Landry :(

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJAGnGcybLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

He should go to the Heat! Lawls

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't think y'all realize how "unstoppable" he can be in the post. He's worth around 5-6 mill, but as a starter 7-8. He's a really good bench player and would start on some teams.

He was playing starter's minutes when he avg 18 a game.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Agreed this is smart on his part best chance to get a long term deal. Several teams should be interested.

18. jocar

jocar Member

Don't worry, Chuck, Landry, Battier, and Scola all sign for vet minimums during our championship run in 2016.
    Screams from the Toyota Center are heard from downtown.
    It goes the full 7 games. You'll enjoy it.

19. haydenfisher342

klow too!!!!!!! if we could win landry scola and chuck a title, it would triumph 94' for me

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He won't get anything close to that.