1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Astros Trade Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by astros123, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Niaperzly

Niaperzly Member

Did you even watch Lyles pitch last season? His four-seam average velocity has increased 0.2 MPH this season while his 2-seam has decreased 0.1. He has not had some miraculous jump in velocity.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the type of BS that someone that enjoys success at anything has to endure. Do any of us Clutchfanners have any idea of the work that he has put in, have we seen him actually pitch in a real game or a spring game? I understand that you have a right to your opinion, but making blind accusations at this point in his development are just that, blind. I never saw that the organization had written him off and how can you say that a 22 yr old is having a last ditch effort. Again with the development process ,we do not know the process. Good for Jordan Lyles having some success

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Oh, you're baseball game is improving? Must be drugs tbh...

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

studogg you need to get back on PED's to get your post quality back up. :grin:

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

hahaha - fair enough. I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong and in this case, appears that I'm far off.

2 people like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Early this week, the Houston Astros will formulate a game plan as to how to approach their veteran assets. Teams are already calling about Bud Norris, a cheap ($3 million) solution to any contender’s rotation.

Cheap in salary, but he won’t be cheap in acquisition cost.

The Astros are willing to deal him, but they realize he’s their biggest chip, and the price tag will reflect it.

The Orioles, Giants, and Pirates have kicked around the idea of acquiring Norris, but according to one National League executive there will be about a dozen teams interested before all is said and done.

7. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

A dozen teams? Good stuff.

8. astros123

astros123 Member

well damn thats going hurt his stock

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

pretty sure MLB GMs aren't that fickle.

10. astros123

astros123 Member

yeah but lets be honest for a second. His opponents obs against him is above average, he has low strikeout numbers, hes also hovering around the average for walks per 9innings. hes catching some breaks here and there but how much can we get in return for him?

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I'm surprised to see his K numbers so low this year. Also one thing that would help his stock is if other GMs don't know about his huge Home/Road splits.

12. astros123

astros123 Member

yeah im sure other gms dont know about his home/road splits and the vast difference between the two lol.

u trollin?

13. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I recommend you get a new

[​IMG]

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Is not facing a pitcher a few times a game the difference? Hopefully they trade him soon before he craters or something.

15. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yea Luhnow probably can't get much for Bud, I mean he is no J.A. Happ

16. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

The Happ trade is why I've been advocating throwing in someone like Carlos Corporan too.

I'd put Wandy Rodriguez above Bud Norris in terms of relative worth, and yet J.A. Happ brought back more than the Wandy trade because of other players involved. We could probably do something similar, giving a package of Norris/Corporan/Player X (Pena? Who knows?) for a heap of B-/B+ prospects.

17. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

It'll be tough to get a package like that again. Toronto uniquely had an overabundance of that type/amount of talent and was making the conversion from rebuilding to contention.

There aren't teams with that kind of talent in that particular situation these days. The teams with depth and talent are either already strong (the Rangers/Braves/Cards) or are still tearing down their team (Mariners/Marlins).

18. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

Padres fit the bill as having a deep system, and they've been rumored as buyers at the deadline. The Pirates also still have lots of talent at the lower levels.

19. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

hopefully Castro is traded for picks

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Bud Norris is a lot cheaper, younger, and under club control. That is what makes Bud so valuable.

I think the strikeout numbers are down by design.

Happ trade was lucky that Toronto was stupid. Brandon Lyon was the best player they got in effort to finish in 3rd place.