1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBAonABC] Simmons just said he thinks Dwight will sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 16, 2013.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Is anyone worried that no one will take Thomas Robinson's contract just to spite the Rockets? I mean, at this point the entire universe knows that the Rockets have to unload him to get Howard, and is that in anyone's best interest except ours?

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Oh this thread is familiar

[​IMG]

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

No, not too worried. 29 other teams in the league that will have to do business w/ Houston again in the future. Why would they want to spite the Rockets? Do they somehow PREFER Howard on LAL rather than at Houston? It isn't even like we're suddenly forming a super team just because we get Howard...

And now your own boss and organization would have to sign-off on you turning TRob down ONLY for a second round pick (assuming that is all we ask for/get)? Not too worried at all.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If it will benefit their own team, they will trade for him. Everyone thought nobody would help the Lakers get Dwight Howard at the deadline to form the super team, but it happened.

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

He'll really be able to shine. Morey is at his best when he is finding talent at bargain bin prices.

6. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

And the sheep continue to cling to the shepherd...do you guys have an opinion or do y'all just echo everything somebody else says....damn!!!

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Other GMs have jobs and need to worry about keeping their jobs. Most gain absolutely nothing from the Rockets being above average and Lakers average next year. If someone offers a you $1000 which you know in turn will make him millions, you still take the 1k because you yourself is incapable of getting more.

The only teams who will not deal with the Rockets are those who would lose more than they gain. Which comes down to potentially Lakers, Hawks and Dallas. And even then they may change their mind if some other team is already bidding and DH12 explicitly says he's coming here.

1 person likes this.
  8. napalm06

Makes sense to me. I'm undervaluing Robinson as well. But the cynical side of me expects that no one wants to facilitate anything that will directly lead to another super team. It almost does favor other Western teams for the Rockets and Lakers to stand pat.

9. napalm06

You're probably right. Just a thought.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Bobcats.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

And exactly what bearing would ones opinion have in any of this? I can assure you no one gives a **** what some joe schmoe thinks about this.

12. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

Denver Nuggets say 'hi'

They helped facilitate Howard to the Lakers, and at the time we all thought that Nash/Kobe/Gasol/Howard would be a top 2 team in the West. If the Nuggets, or even the 76ers, were to not join that trade, Howard probably isn't traded.

Teams worry about improving their own team, over the long and/or short term.

13. napalm06

You speak the truth. But that trade was a huge impact for finances and personnel for the nuggets. I think we'll unload Robinson, I just wonder what kinds of things GM's talk about amongst themselves.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

You seem to have an obsession with sheep...

[​IMG]

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The teams we're most likely dealing with are eastern anyway, and they don't start worrying about the west until they have a team that can come out of the east.

16. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I think a variable, not huge, is the fact that Dwight does not like to be hated. Imagine playing in LA... for the CLIPPERS and having the Laker fans come in to boo him EVERY game.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Edit your post dude... That pic is huge.

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Cool, even tho y'all normally hate on him now he's a genius lol

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is that the problem? I'm sitting on a bed in an apartment in New York that we've rented for a couple of weeks, and the print suddenly shrunk on my iPad! I hate it when it does that. Seeing several plays, the ballet, the sights, and making a side trip to Villanova to visit my significant other's uncle, who's a retired priest. Damn, I sure enjoyed seeing the Heat lose on Father's Day. It was a great present. ;-)-

20. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Dwight better make up his mind soon...

this is 3 years of dwight ...speculations

Fans and owners are so sick of this....