1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBAonABC] Simmons just said he thinks Dwight will sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 16, 2013.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

And Magic seemed to agree. Even went as far as to say Lakers should not ask for much in return for S/T to keep cap space fore Lebron.

2. rocketfaithful

Beast mode. thanks for the info.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm glad others have optimism in our chances, mine has faded.

4. ooox

ooox Member

Simmons aka the notorious Lakers hater actually said that? Wow what a surprise.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Don't get me started on Magic, the Rocket homer.

2 people like this.
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Signing in Houston offers a better chance to win than even LAC. Just my opinion.

7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

So...I'm a little confused with all the S&T talk. If Dwight wants to go to Houston, there is nothing stopping him from just joining the team outright, correct? (other than shipping of TROB).

So the only reason the Rockets do an S&T is if they want to get CP3 too, otherwise why give up Asik/Lin? ...the commentators make it seem like Houston has to do an S&T or somehow we would prefer to do an S&T? Given that Asik & Lin are on reasonable contracts for only 2 more years (not to mention both are incredibly productive) I would think Morey et al want to keep the current core in tack and just add Dwight. I think an Asik-Dwight-Lin-Parsons-harden starting lineup + mix of vets and promising young guys on the bench puts us in the Top 4 in the NBA, and thus a championship contender.

8. cbk41

cbk41 Member

lakersground.net

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We'll see about that

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good but I am still worried the Clips will steal Howard.

11. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Yes, we would only want to do a SnT for Howard if we get to clear room to make a run at CP3. Otherwise, moving TRob for free is enough to sign D12 outright. Might depend a bit on what Dwight wants too. If he decides on Houston, more leverage for us, but if he decides on us BUT also wants CP3 here, then he might ask us to try to do that deal w/ LAL. If it is contingent on us clearing the space to get Paul, then we might be in trouble since LAL might rebuke us.

1 person likes this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I'm not as intrigued by Howard signing here since he more of a known entity.

I'm more excited for what Morey will do next once he doesn't have to worry as much about collecting assets.

13. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

I'm afraid of the Stern Hammer falling

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I just can't see the Lakers helping the Clippers and shipping Howard over there. Not to mention I think Howard would be crucified by most of the city of LA for switching teams over there. Just doesn't seem likely in my opinion. In theory, it's a good trade for both sides, but I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Houston is still in a great spot. Did people really expect the whole entire process to be Pro-Houston? Of course there are going to be some differing reports/opinions/etc.

I'm still confident, and I still think it's between the Rockets and Lakers for Dwight.

The Chris Paul part, however, has no chance IMO. Just seems like too much has to go right for it to happen for us.

But we'll see...

2 people like this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If it comes down to a S&T for Howard... then I say PASS! I'll gamble on his attitude and questionable work ethic if all it's costing us is a roster spot and cap space... but if we're shipping out assets (other than TRob) - not interested! Cause you KNOW they're gonna want Parsons, and on the surface, Parsons + Asik + whatever for Howard aint bad.... but it don't compare with FREE! ;)

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What's gonna be your response if Dwight actually signs with the Rockets?

17. pass_to_Hakeem

Nah not at all .. Especially if they bring Doc Rivers & Garnett in. No way !!!

Possibly even peeling Pierce away.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

meh!!!!

1 person likes this.
  19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This potential deal they're working on with the Celtics has me a bit concerned, too. Makes them an attractive possible s-n-t with the Lakers.

20. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

If the Rockets want a second star, salary has to go out. Whether that is for Howard or the second acquisition does not matter. Big picture here.