1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight and CP3 hope to team up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancerthompson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Member

A possible franchise player?

He is Darren Collison 2.0

2. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

Smith is gone...Hawks also have two first rounder as well as two second rounders.

Paul
    Williams/jenkins
    first rounder
    Horford
    Howard

Bench
    Williams/jenkins
    First rounder
    second rounder
    second rounder
    mike scott - last year second round pick whos showed promise

3. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Do the hawks have their amnesty? Could they use it on Lou and get more cap space or is he not eligible because he was a new contract after the cba went into effect.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are still helping out a rival team and really a team built around Blake has gone literally nowhere.

Could it work...that could be a playoff team but more of a playoff fodder team. If you get Blake though you are building around him because he's taking up a max contract slot for your franchise.

I don't see it happening.

Either Dwight and Paul just get over it and decide to go to Atlanta. Which I see could happen (I mean ATL doesn't have that strong history, so they could like that challenge of playing there.)

Or Dwight just realizes that playing with Harden isn't that bad and comes to Houston.

There is also the slim chance that Morey somehow gets both...which seems highly unlikely.

This only happens if Chris wants to leave the Clippers and it sounds like he doesn't and is still focused on playing in L.A

Even so...Dwight and Chris will clash I feel like. Chris is just like a mini-kobe. He's not going to deal with all this fooling around that Dwight does...

5. Since75

Since75 Member

I don't know the answer to this question thus the reason I'm asking. Is it possible for the Rox to sign Dwight and subsequently trade him to the Clips for Griffin and Bledsoe? This isn't the ideal scenario but if we can't get Dwight anyway why not facilitate a deal and get something of value in return? Just a thought!

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Ultimate;y, fan opinion doesn't matter. If NBA teams think he's all that, which is what the media has let on, his value is that.

7. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Member

That would mean though that the LA teams would rather have nothing than something. They'd be letting CP3/Dwight walk for free, vs. one of them getting Lin + Asik + TRob. Heck, even if LAC didn't want those players, those are valuable pieces they can move for other stuff, and it still keeps their team semi-relevant (w/ Lin headlining something lol).

We'd have to dump close to $20M sure, but only in one transaction if it is to
    LAC or LAL. Otherwise, it isn't impossible for us to deal them out separately. It'd hurt our bench more, but at least we could say, "Hey, we're only $2M away from signing you two outright...small paycuts?"

8. JurisDoctorate

Or the Lakers could just amnesty Kobe, move Pau and/or dump Artest and sign both of them outright.

Amnestying Kobe would be a d*ck move, but he won't be the same after the achillies injury (I had the same injury while running track in college, and trust me, you're never 100% again) and paying him that much money doesn't make sense.

For a chance to lock in Dwight and CP3, you'd have to consider it.

9. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Member

Not sure if they can still keep their first rounders and sign those superstars to near maxes. Above require both Howard and CP3 to take $1.3M paycuts, and while I know picks don't count against a cap when unsigned, I thought there was some rule that wouldn't let you keep them, sign new players to hit the cap, then sign first round picks to exceed?

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Wait, all of this is just "CP3 wants to get DH12 to the Clippers" crap?

It ain't hapnin.

The Lakers and Clippers could work a sign-and-trade, even including Blake Griffin, but the Lake Show would still be handing their glitter over to the other locker room.

Fell for another one of Broussard's Duh-wight multiple sources stories.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I'm sure everyone is falling all over themselves to take Artest off the Lakers' hands.

12. jocar

jocar Member

I just puked a little at that thought. Dirk signs for peanuts, Cuban brings in DH, CP3, with money left to fill in the holes, and we get to look at his douchebag face screaming in ecstasy on the sidelines of every televised game. Woohoo

13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

There is no way they will Amnesty Kobe. People would trip

14. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Member

Yeah...easier said than done. Even if they were inclined to amnesty Kobe, how the heck are they going to move Artest's near $8M and Pau's $19M for free? What teams have the cap room AND inclination to help the Lakers out THAT much for players that are past their primes?

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Guys this is excellent news! I've said all along to make a big 3 in Houston all you need is Paul and Howard adamant that they want to play together. No other team has a duo as young and talented as harden and parsons to team up with. Lin off to the Jazz, Asik and White to the hawks, TRob to the bobcats, all for second rounders or future firsts.

I know cap holds and what not, but that should get you just about there to sign them both outright or if you have to trade out DMo, Jones, and release Bev and Smith too.

Harden, Parsons, Paul, and Howard are the priorities. Move everyone else if need be to make it work.

Houston is their best chance for the money and for the best talent to surround them.

16. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Member

? Dirk isn't a FA until next summer.

17. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Member

This would be the plan...or a SnT of Lin + Asik + TRob to get it all done in one fell swoop. I just hope you realize it is 1000000000x easier to type all those trade scenarios out than for them to actually happen in reality...

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I bet Harden is talking to Morey right now about if the situation is possible. Once he finds that it is (albeit, a smal chance), he'll call both and tell them that they can make it happen.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

LA radio: (I don't believe for one second that Paul & Howard will play in Atlanta next season) Using Atlanta as a leverage play. It makes it believable. Chris can go to LAC management and say I want to play with Howard. Get him or else I'm off to Atlanta to play with him.

LA/LA trades makes some sense. I doubt it will ever happen.

Hey Jim & Mitch, it's Donald & Gary, want to swap front court stars? Ha.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

Say what?? Eric Bledsoe hasn't been touted by ANYONE as a possible FRANCHISE PLAYER. He couldn't even handle extended minutes when Paul was out earlier this year. Nobody in their right mind would build a franchise around him.