1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Eastern Conference Finals] Miami vs. Indiana

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 18, 2013.

?

(1) Miami vs. (3) Indiana

Poll closed May 22, 2013.
  1. Heat in 4

7.1%
  2. Heat in 5

23.2%
  3. Heat in 6

28.3%
  4. Heat in 7

8.1%
  5. Pacers in 4

4.0%
  6. Pacers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Pacers in 6

16.2%
  8. Pacers in 7

13.1%
  1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The refs were just bad tonight. They called a goaltending on Bosh when George's shot was still going up and hadn't hit the backboard, Hansbrough tipped the ball while it was still in the cylinder, I think it was Hill who got called for a reach in on Allen when he got all ball. It seemed like Pacers got the benefit of less bad calls on them, but there were plenty both ways.

Regardless, Miami played terribly. Wade was practically limping out there. Bosh is as soft as ever, and it seemed like everyone wanted to posterize him. They couldn't hit a layup, and Allen is still a no-show.

Pacers couldn't finish their and-1 opportunities in the 1st quarter, but it was clear that they were playing better. Miami was only up because they were hot from 3 to start. Hibbert still dominated inside, and Miami's weak interior D was on display without Birdman providing good weakside help.

Pacers played better tonight, but it's hard to overlook the terrible officiating that could've made it a tighter game.

2. pnr

pnr Member

I think Wade's got a bum knee. But if it's affecting him this much why is he playing such long minutes?

Bosh... has no excuse. Maybe Hibbert is just that good. I mean he made Tyson Chandler look like a scrub last series.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

The Pacers should do all they can to give LerBon some Ginobili sausages the night before game 7 or for breakfast at the latest. But I'm afraid his stomach will go God mode on any bacteria for the next couple of days.

4. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

This WAS hs good game. He had 10 pts :grin:

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Lebron needs to go Boston game 6 mode and just drop 40+. Then they don't need Wade/Bosh. They haven't shown up all series and the series is still tied 3-3.

FACT: Lebron has personally outscored BOTH wade/bosh this series. Wade/Bosh should be embarrassed.

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

God I hope Indiana beats the heat.
    How sweet it'll be.

How can you not cheer for that blue collar work ethic? Hibbert and George are beasts!!

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

People say this, but when an underdog team makes the finals no one watches.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let's all remember...no matter who wins this,,,F!CK san antonio and Tracy McGrady.

GO EAST!

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

But after this season, Lebron is going to opt out after next year. No way he's playing with these bums when he can opt out.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

And pacertom is annoying. Sorry for the zing.

11. Air Langhi

Back to Cleveland.

12. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Why do you, as a viewer, care about whether other people watch? Especially since most of the people who wont bother watching are just fairweather fans attracted to superstars and not appreciative of real team basketball?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>LeBron James has 171 points in this series. Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh combined? 155.</p>&mdash; Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) <a href="https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/341026884383031297">June 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chris Bosh held to single-digit scoring for 3rd game in a row. 1st time he's done that since Feb. 2004. He was a rookie.</p>&mdash; Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) <a href="https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/341027369919848448">June 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. dsid411

dsid411 Member

Why would that be sweet, i don't get how ppl root against Lebron. He's the greatest player on the planet he deserves another ring more than anyone else.

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

when the pacers inevitably win game 7 with paul george shooting 16/20 on all jumpers and wade and bosh actually accidentally scoring a few buckets for the pacers, it is going to set up a really bad finals.

not just from a ratings perspective, but from a competitive perspective. i'm not sure why people keep saying they want to see spurs/pacers from a basketball perspective. the heat and spurs are teams who spread the floor, have shooters (well, the heat used to have shooters), are unselfish, and then play very well on defense. i think it would be a great display of basketball. pacers and spurs? george isn't going to shoot like this again in another series. he's going to fall back to earth. and hibbert against real 7-footers isn't going to look like this again. and the spurs 2nd and 3rd best players aren't going to almost be sabotaging the team.

it would be hard for the heat's offense to be this bad again, but it's hard to see them winning game 7. it's going to take paul george actually missing a jumper, at least one of wade or bosh contributing (wade actually missed an uncontested layup - followed by chalmers 10 seconds later - so that seems unlikely), and someone out of ray allen or shane battier making a 3. lebron needs to try to drive as much as possible otherwise he's going to need to be really on on his jumpers. of course, even on drives apparently he'll be called for an offensive foul for absorbing contact.

either way, i don't see much chance miami wins it.

16. Air Langhi

I am going to watch the games no matter what. My point is so many people complain the NBA is rigged and when a small market team makes it the ratings suck. So people need to stop complaining.

17. Raven

Raven Member

Miami is feeling the heat.

:)

18. hlcc

hlcc Member

I'll watch it, whether other people watch it or how the rating will be for the NBA,,, I couldn't care less.

19. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I'm not a Lebron fan, but I agree he is the-most-best-est player in the universe and I have a lot of respect for him.

Having said that, the rest of the Heat is a pain to watch.

Hence go Pacers!

20. clippy

clippy Member

LOL @people thinking the Heat will lose game 7. Come on.