1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread, Rockets 2012-13 Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Second_Cousin, May 18, 2013.

1. Spooner

Spooner Member

Cool. Im gonna make a Greg Smith appreciation thread. We need to appreciate him too. After that I'm gonna make a James Anderson appreciation thread.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The playoffs outside of game 1 wasn't really his fault. That injury really hinderd him.I like to look at his improvement in the second half of the season as a indicator for the future.Nextt Season with the addition of another star, will help him because we wont have to rely on him as much as we did this season.

3. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Don't make a Francisco Garcia appreciation thread or a Carlos Delfino thread because those guys will not be appreciated by the team coming signing time.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I'm waiting for "Dwight Howard appreciation" thread once he decided to join the rockets...fingers crossed

5. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Try LakersGround for that one...oh wait, you won't find it there either.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Better at what; turning the ball over and missing open jumpers?

7. King1

Not really. I just see him for what he is. An average player who would be good coming off the bench. His blind legion of nuthuggers thinks he's a potential All-Star and that's beyond laughable.

We have an appreciation thread for a player who was at best wildly inconsistent. It's absurd

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

No life hater get a life~

No nuts to argue with PhiSlamma? Since he's earlier than you?

No life hater get a life~

9. King1

Respect your analysis. You actually gave a very good breakdown.

Realistically, the only way we're even in a trade conversation is if we know we can land Howard. Asik is a good centerpiece of any deal. Great defensive center on a cheap contract. As much as I like him, we need to deal Parsons too. He's going to command more then we can spend and is represented by Fegan. That package plus a toss in of Jones or Robinson may get it done

10. King1

Hahaha. Someone's jimmies are rustled.

I have no ****ing clue who that is

Yeah, it could be worse. I could have almost 1000 posts in a few months on an internet message board all worshipping an average NBA player.

11. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

He was number 3 on the balloting this year, and barring injury likely to improve significantly.

12. King1

He certainly didn't deserve to be and nobody with any common sense would argue otherwise. Yi was once high in All-Star votes too

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

^^^^ You have Lin ahead of Sam the alien in the all rockets team from the 80's till now?. Sleepy Floyd. Sam, Rafer and when healthy Sura were all better.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Calvin Murphy and Stevie franchise were also light years better.

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Why do you have to assume that I post because of some personal feelings? It doesn't have to be that way.

Again, you and iJHolmes only go to Lin threads to hate therefore you only see me there. Actually I post in a wide variety of other posts. And I am not posting in Lin threads to worship, it's more like:

16. King1

Because it's an accurate assessment of why you're here.

"Hating" is one of the lamest terms I've ever heard. No self respecting adult should ever use it. Also, you're off base with your analysis. I'm am critical of Lin as a basketball player but I've praised him as a person on numerous occassions. The vast majority of his fans are incapable of handling any criticism lobbed his way. Far be it for anyone to doubt the great Jeremy Lin.

Every fan base is critical of their players. Lakers fans spent the vast majority of the season ****ting on Dwight Howard and he's one of the best players in the game. The reason Lin gets so much criticism here is because his legion of followers pretend he's God's gift to basketball instead of acknowledging he's merely an average player as of right now. He gets compared to Nash, Parker, Stockton...ect. Do you realize how ridiculous that is? LOFs were saying they'd rather have him then Lillard and Irving this season. Nobody is rooting for Lin to fail. You just see what you want to see and use the blanket "hater" or "racist" to justify your delusion

It's simply laughable. Lin's fanbase is by far the worst in all sports.

17. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I'm sorry dude, completely untrue.

~lol~ I'd have to admit this term is lame but the act itself is much lamer. I wouldn't use this term normally unless it's to describe something much lamer. I don't think it's that bad anyways. Love the sinner hate the sin; don't hate the players, hate the game.

What analysis?

That's certainly not me.
    That's not my problem.

I don't find that particularly ridiculous if someone's talking about future upside.
    Hey, those are not my words. Maybe you're not doing that but doesn't mean I haven't read comments that suggests someone's doing that.

Well, I must say there are indeed haters and racists against Lin. It is not that laughable. Why would so many be so obsessed against an average player? Wasting one's precious time and life in this pathological behavior? Fans are fans, it is normal, we spend time rooting for our national teams, home teams, favorite teams/players etc., (someone would call that worshipping) obsessive hate against a player/team is not. Yeah, if calling out haters and racists mean I am the worst fan in all sports so be it. I would keep doing that a remain a bad fan.

18. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Not as laughable as claiming a pre-rookie without a minute of NBA play time is going to be hands down a better player than Lin come October 1st. At least with the Lin-early years Parker/Nash comparisons you have some numbers that kind of look similar. You don't even have anything solid. You're just talking out of your ass.

Not that you will actual try to substantiate your claims. You'll just call me a blind LOF and pretend that automatically makes me wrong and you right.

Jesus, at least wait until Burke is drafted. Then no one will complain when you spam the Get-Rid-of-Lin Trade Ideas thread with your nonsense. Here you're just being a troll.

1 person likes this.
  19. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

My sig says favorite Rockets team. I've addressed this before. In terms of a career of course those guys accomplished more because they played longer.

20. King1

So you're telling me that you didn't sign up on this board because of Jeremy Lin?

The term is ridiculous in every sense. How do you even define it? I see it tossed around anytime someone is critical of a player or person someone else likess. That makes no sense to me at all. I don't hate Jeremy Lin. I actually like him a lot as a person. As a PG for the Houston Rockets, I'd much rather have someone better. I'm just not sold on Lin. Too inconsistant and too many turnovers. Could he prove me wrong? Absolutely and if he does i'll be the first to admit it.

You lableling me a "hater"

I said "vast majority". That didn't specifically imply you

Ok. But I'm sure you can grasp why that sort of stupidity would bother people. Especially when repeated constantly.

Jeremy lin is not a HOF player. His upside is nowhere near any of those guys. That's my opinion of course but I'd bet a very large sum of money that he never even comes close to having the career of any of those guys. Nash is a two time MVP and Stockton is one of the best PGs of all time. Lin isn't winning any MVP awards let alone sniffing the HOF unless he buys a ticket.

Anyone who made that comment isn't a Rockets fan. My guess is the person or people who saidd that have 2012 or 2013 join dates and signed up to troll the board.

Not saying that lin hasn't encountered racism (obviously he has) and people who dislike him for whatever reason but those people aren't Rockets fans. I saw racism initially on this board but those idiots were quickly banned and I haven't seen it in a while

#180 King1, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013