1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tanking Is NOT The Answer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Jan 14, 2012.

1. dmoneybangbang

So do you think those picks would put us to the road to contention or give us better a chance at it?

Personally, I don't think we'd better off than today, as in talent wise and record wise.

2. Raven

Raven Member

I'd take the number two pick any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

3. dmoneybangbang

So if you're the Bobcat's with their consistently bad record and management you'd be happy with that 2nd pick and missing Davis?

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Id be happy with rebuilding. That does not take as much losing as some anti tank people think it would. It only takes a competant GM who you believe just maybe is better than the Bobcats GM, Nets GM, Wizards GM. If none of you believe Morey is better than any of those guys? then Morey should be fired anyways.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Tanking and rebuilding are NOT the same thing.

Tanking is losing games on purpose to get a higher draft pick. Rebuilding is starting over with nothing but young players and giving them on-the-job training for a few years in hopes that it pays off a few years down the line.

I am anti-tanking, but pro-rebuilding. Get rid of everyone over the age of 27 and start over again.

1 person likes this.
  6. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

My point exactly.

7. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

I have a personal rule according to which I never take advice on the subject of competence from someone who cannot spell competent.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I have a personal rule to not listen to others who by their very first reaction to my posts try to shoot it down with spelling errors instead of intelligent thoughts.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yawn.

BTW! See ya at that 2016 Houst Rockets NBA Title parade.

LOL!

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Fixed.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

LOL! He is gonna come back and getcha for your spelling errors TEXNIFICENT. :grin:

12. Olajuwon34

Olajuwon34 Member

I just feel like the Rockets are snakebitten right now. It's so depressing to see this roster. You need a Super star to win, we don't have one. While you look around and some teams have 3 of them!

It's tough to watch.

And yes, you can find special players later in the draft. I don't have much faith in our front office, though. I remember when we drafted Rudy Gay and then just traded away a young talent like that for a limited role player in Shane Battier.

A bad trade like that is devastating to a franchise.

Also, Marcus Morris, do we even have faith in this player? We took him at #14and he just had no impact to this team. At least the Chandler Parsons pick was good, but that won't cut it. This team needs a Superstar in the worst way, or else we will continue to see our Rockets miss the playoffs.

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

So much for "Money Morey"..........................

14. Raven

Raven Member

No, I'd be happy if we had the number 2 pick, because it's a hell of a lot better than drafting at 14th every single year.

15. DaneB

DaneB Member

good Thing We Didn't Tank! Also, the Pacers are Neck And Neck With the Heat Again This Year In The Eastern conference Finals. Also, Just So You Know, the Star Leading Them Was Picked 10Th In The Draft And The Pacers Didn't Have To Tank To Get Him...So Yeah,Losing On Purpose Was Not And Should Never Be taken As The Path To Contention...

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

WHY DONT YOU WANNA BE LIKE THE BOBCATS?!

17. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Ask the most fail franchises in history the Astros and Bobcats

Go ask the Astros and Bobcats if tanking works?

18. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I'm glad too. Anthony Davis looks like a bust.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Those are poorly managed franchises. Tanking can be effective if its short term and if the gm is competent enough to perform it.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why did you capitalize almost every word in that paragraph? Is that some sort of inside joke I'm not on the inside of? Or is this some sort of Doc Rocket like coded message?