1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[CBS Sports] Howard no lock for Lakers; interested in Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 19, 2013.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

What are the chances PJ returns to the Lakers?

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That, or Dwight might want to get away from the perception that he's a coach-killer. His image would take an even bigger hit if MDA is fired immediately after he signs. However, if he's fired BEFORE Dwight signs, then Dwight's camp can spin it in a way where they can feign ignorance.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Where are all the people who where saying I was stupid when I thought Dwight could use rockets as leverage?

1 person likes this.
  4. Fyreball

If Phil Jackson gets involved with this in any way, shape, or form, then I really don't see Dwight leaving the Lakers. He gets everything he wants then.

On a side note, it's highly obnoxious and a little disconcerting that Phil Jackson can have this much of a hold on a professional sports team. The fact that he can swoop in at any time, and basically reconfigure the board to sit in his favor within ANY kind of situation is kind of obscene. I guess that's what makes him the Zen Master though.

5. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

thank you for the info
    so, do you thing DH is going to resign with LA?

6. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

just go with the flow guys..we still have Asik even if DH doesn't sign with us...Morey's a genius!

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lack of talent won't last long. Lots of players want to play in LA

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

I see K Love going there or even Lebron in 2014. Jimmy told me he is praying for Lebron.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Source: Chance Dwight uses Houston as leverage growing

Ha.

"What better team to choose to leverage? Young, upcoming team. Everyone thinks its a great fit. Hey Jimmy, you better fire Mike or I'm off to Houston!

Houston is okay, although I'm not quite as interested as some might have led you to believe. I want to come back to LA. It would suck if Mike is the coach, but not a deal breaker. I'll still see if I can use some of my free agency "power" to remove Mike as coach."

1 person likes this.
  10. Fyreball

Who isn't praying for LeBron? Haha. But seriously, is this Phil Jackson rumor real? What's the likelihood of it going down? It sounds like you're pretty convinced, which I'm assuming means Dwight is as good as a done deal for the Lakers?

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Exactly what I said

12. cyberx

cyberx Member

Not at all... NO done deals, nothing done...

Discussed guys... That is all... They let Magic get rid of a coach because it is MAGIC.

Howard is no Magic Johnston...

13. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Hey Cyberx, are you a rockets fan? Im guessing you are since you post on a rockets forum, but you never know i was just wondering.

14. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Yah I am smart so I could tell you were telling the truth...you have to be dumb to doubt you if you read all your posts. They make sense, they add up with other things we have heard. And those of us with brains know these things are fluid and constantly changing.

Thanks please dont ever stop feeding us info...just because a few meattards.

15. cyberx

cyberx Member

Not a fan, this is a business.

16. cyberx

cyberx Member

Plenty of people I know that are Rockets fans that are good people and I respect a great deal.

Clutch is a class act and I like to contribute to this since I see his hard work and passion.

Dave2000 is the man as well.

2 people like this.
  17. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

laid it down! ...ha...

but seriously you gotta at least kinda be a fan of the beard. Just sayin:cool:

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

From Cyberx's posts it sounds like it is coming down to Jim Buss and Dwight in a game of chicken. Either Jim Buss fires MDA and hires Jax (coach/front office) or else Dwight leaves to Houston. So really it comes down to Buss' ego. Welcome to being "in charge" Jimmy!

Dwight might seriously like Houston's situation. But the Rockets clearly are in many aspects being used as leverage here.

I think (and am hoping) that Jim Buss will want to stick to HIS coach (MDA) and that will be enough of a wedge to get DH to leave. If Jim gives in, and PJ comes into the picture+Jeannie, then Jim Buss will be giving up a lot of power that he might not want to do.

19. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Morey is going after the wrong guy...try for CP3

20. Fyreball

Gotcha. Thanks for the insight man. It's guys like you that make this site great.

So do YOU have any feelings as to what's gonna go down? No inside info....just a gut feeling?