1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patriots release Kyle Love for easily managed disease

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by leroy, May 16, 2013.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Many many many athletes have competed at the highest levels despite dealing with diabetes. I'm curious to see if the Patriots have anything to say about this. It's something that can be managed to the point making it nearly untraceable. I'm not one that had a grudge against the Patriots whether it be because they won a lot or the stupid spygate thing. This actually pisses me off though. It shows them to be even more heartless than I could have imagined. This is a business decision based nothing more than stupidity and ignorance. If the Pats actually spoke to their doctors and the doctors agreed that he should be cut, those doctors should be fired.

I'd love to have him on the Texans. He's a good run stopper.

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Cold, calculating, and humorless move

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Doesn't bother me. If they wanted him they would have kept him, they didn't want him. Simple as that. If you've got a problem it should be with the NFL and their non-guaranteed contracts.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Then just release him. Why use the "non-football injury" designation? He's got a pretty friendly contract for a guy that's been a productive starter for the last 2 years.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm sure using that designation was somehow favorable for New England. They didn't release the guy because he had diabetes, they released him because they didn't want him.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Claimed by Jacksonville.