1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Under what circumstances would you be willing to trade Chandler Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, May 14, 2013.

1. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Knicks sure got a lot back for David Lee, who's got drafted in similar position and outperformed during his rookie contract. We all know what happened next for Knicks...

2. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I would only do it if I had certain knowledge that he was getting a max deal after his rookie deal. Otherwise, what's the point? His cost to production quotient is too high.

3. monster

monster Member

CP is one of my favorites too, but I want to win a championship. Hopefully he will be a part of that, but if we have to move him to improve, then I can live with that. If we can bring in another star, and then have the chance to add a 3rd, then that's where I think CP is most likely to be included. I'm not expecting him to net a Durant straight up, but I would only want to move him if it was in a package to make a mega-deal.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dont want to trade Parson period.

5. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

I would trade Parsons and future draft picks for Lamarcus Aldridge, but I see that is impossible without absorbing a bad contract in Batum...

6. arjun

arjun Member

if we can get a star at any positon plus a serviceable SF available through free agency...i'd pull the trigger.

7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Only for someone who's just as beautiful...Oh wait, there's none.
    Parsons is here to stay.

8. basketballholic

I would think Morey and him agree on a contract before Morey turns him loose into restricted free agency. It might be a deal where he is released and immediately re-signed, not giving other teams time to make an offer.

9. solid

solid Member

I would be very sad if CP is traded. He is Mr. Intagibles, he adds so much to the team and he is still developing.

10. primtim24

primtim24 Member

Even if his 2nd deal wasn't the max his "cost to production quotient" wouldn't be that high. Currently using PER (which is definitely an offensive stat) he is 21st in the NBA amongst SF's. I'm not saying he's garbage or anything, but how good can a guy honestly be if he's ranked the 21st most efficient and there are only 30 teams?

11. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Chris Paul has nice eyes. I wouldn't mind trading for him.

12. primtim24

primtim24 Member

What about trading for this guy:

[​IMG]
    ha ha ha

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

Chandler Parsons value for what we pay him is crazy! He should be making probably around $8-10 million. Parsons will be making less than $1 million each of the next 2 seasons. I doubt well get a better value from any other player in the League (even Lebron making 18 mill when he probably deserves $50 mill).

Obviously value vs talent is what people have a hard time paying for. You basically have to overpay for proven talent. Parsons was opposite of that. Nobody was sure what this kid was going to bring to the table, and boy did we get lucky! His ceiling is only so high though.

Yes he's a great player. but unless Parsons continues to grow as a player, he wont get us over the top. If you have a chance at getting a 2nd star, you give up anyone not named Harden to get him.

Players I would trade Parsons for:
    David West
    David Lee
    Steph Curry
    Andrew Bogut
    Dwight Howard
    Brook Lopez
    KD
    LBJ
    Melo
    Zbo
    Marc Gasol
    Paul George
    Rondo
    Griffin
    CP3
    Noah
    Westbrook
    Irving

14. rurban

rurban Member

That's an interesting idea. I rather think of cp3, but no one else.
    Not Barnes, or any other Warrior. Not even Steph Curry, who is too unstable yet.

15. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Or Carmelo, or Iggy, or Paul George, mayb even that SA SF

16. xiki

xiki Member

Should the question of Parsons been clearly asked as to 'what player who might potentially be available in trade for CP25 would you accept in return?

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the only other CP.

18. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

19. larsv8

larsv8 Member

David freaking Lee?

Edited your list

20. xiki

xiki Member