1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

+H€ dW|ghT hOWaRd paTT€rN?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, May 10, 2013.

1. megastahr

megastahr Member

Yah I agree with that... Pau wouldnt make atlanta contenders. They will go for Howard and CP3...if they strike out I bet they just hold stead add a role player or two and go for 2014.

I think the years when teams that have cap space waste it on Charlie V and Ben Gordon (pistons) are over.

2. basketballholic

That may be true but Pau has tremendous value. Atlanta can flip him for other young rookies, draft picks, etc. Also, they may not want Pau long-term but the beautiful thing about Pau is he is expiring. If they can't move him, they can replay free agency in 14. Pau has tremendous value because of those things.

Haven't thought about the Clipper thing. That's an interesting possibility. I guess I probably wouldn't consider it very legitimate because of Donald Sterling. I think Sterling and the Clippers front office is the very reason Chris Paul would be strongly considering going elsewhere. That organization simply has no continuity. They've never won. Sterling has ripped the team up time after time and their front office has made bad move after bad move. And they can't give either of Paul/Howard no-trade clauses to cede some control over to them. I think that is the crux of Paul possibly wanting to move. He wants to win rings. If he leaves the Clippers it will be because he doesn't trust that the owner and front office will make it happen around him.

A similar dynamic is occuring with the Lakers as well. Dwight wants to win. I keep saying it, Jim Buss is not Jerry Buss. If Jim is going to control basketball decisions then it's a whole different animal. Jim Buss hasn't proven anything except that he is unpleasant to deal with and he ran off one of the greatest coaches in the history of the NBA, who just happens to be his brother-in-law.

The Clipper thing you mentioned may gain a ton of merit if the Clippers actually hired Phil Jackson and ceded control of the basketball operation to him. Then bring in Shaw, then recruit Dwight. Then what you are describing by moving out Griffin/Bledsoe, etc. to sign Dwight could come into play big time. But don't see it happening any other way. We'll have to see if PJax lands there.

3. xiki

xiki Member

You'd think correctly.

4. basketballholic

Pau by himself may not make the Hawks contenders. But he'll bring them a lot closer to contending than Josh Smith will. I guarantee you that. Horford/Pau at the 4/5 is a championship starting front line. Need to add some perimeter pieces but it's a start.

Once again, Pau has value. Whoever trades for Pau may be making the intermediate move to acquiring Kevin Love. Let that soak in.

5. xiki

xiki Member

If Hawks can flip him then why wouldn't Lakes?

Why, why, why would Clips 'give-a-way' Mr Kia and Mr Next 1 for nada? Oh, Howard? And you would do this before the ink was dry?

Paul is a Clip is a Clip is a Clip GM! CP3 is only gone if he does not have control (de facto) ceded to him by LAC F/O. There is empirical evidence to support that statement.

6. xiki

xiki Member

The Love trade, and watch for it: Griffin for Love. It's (almost) a lock!

7. megastahr

megastahr Member

Where are your sources on this?

I guess I can see it...I dont think it makes Minny better but maybe more entertaining.

Problem is they have less of a chance of keeping griffin (now hes been in spotlight) then they do love.

8. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Yep. I agree.
    Lakers aren't going to get nothing for Gasol.

9. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Do you really think CP3 is going to leave the Clippers?

Look at their cap situation... horrible...

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_clippers.htm

10. BasketballReasons

Everyone seems to be an insider these days.

11. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

you mean...

Everyone wishes they were an insider.

What's the point of an insider posting here? I reckon most of the lurkers in clutchfans are sports media... how pathetic sports media has become... my source (clutch fans) says Beverley will win defensive player of the year and fly to the moon for training over the offseason.

12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I've got an idea.

Instead of training with Hakeem in Houston this Summer.

Lin should invite Dwight on the trip to Asia with Parsons and Harden. Could be a real bondin experience.

13. xiki

xiki Member

CP3 whispered it; wait for it. The most natural trade this whole summer. IMHO, of course.

14. Aleron

Aleron Member

Love Griffin trade would actually make sense for both franchises, Love is a better player than Griffin, and Griffin is contracted for 5 more years

15. Aleron

Aleron Member

Pau's treatment on his knees is an experimental stemcell regenerative treatment, it's done because his tendons are in such a bad state, that nothing else can pretty much help. And no one will know until August at the earliest, and probably not for a few months after that, in a way it's similar to McGrady's timing on his knee surgery to send a big ass red flag out to anyone who might want to acquire him.

16. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

... and when Clippers get thrown out in the first round and Rockets go all the way to the WCFs...

Rockets will swoop and get Love from the Clippers next year.

17. Aleron

Aleron Member

With Love, at least healthy, they beat Memphis.

18. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

With Love starting next to Asik, we'll probably be the most non-black line-up in the league... NO CHANCE OF WINNING.

19. leebigez

leebigez Member

People still fall for the banana in the tailpipe with Doc.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is a very good post, and supportive of what Morey is trying to do, which is not build a stars based team. We have one. We need at least one more.