1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden or Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, May 12, 2013.

1. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

If you were the GM of the Rockets and both Harden and George were on the market, and you could sign only one of them, who would you choose? Who do you think has a higher upside?

2. pnr

pnr Member

Harden and its not close

3. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

huh ooooowie haha nice

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

it is close because George is an elite defender.

5. jvu

jvu Member

I'd pick George. I love defense and George has the size(6'10) and athleticism harden cannot match.

6. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

How is this even a question?

Harden by a landslide.

There are a ton of players I'd trade Paul George for, and the only two I would trade Harden for are LeBron or Durant.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

hehe that's basically identical to something i read on pacersdigest (pacers forum) some time ago, except it was said about George.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

People on here love flash. Paul George is the new hot deal but he is no harden. I am not the biggest fan of Harden but I can clearly see he is more talented. The only thing that stops this from being a totally stupid thread is Harden's ISO problem. Yes it is a problem when Harden dribbles the ball until there is only 4 seconds on the clock and then passes it one of his teammates and expects them to create something. That is an uncounted TO that IMO stops Harden from only being behind Lebron and Durant in any conversation. But all Harden has to do to fix that is stick to a 4 second rule. Shoot drive or pass within 4 seconds.

If he starts to follow that than he separates him self from George even more. But as I said Harden and George are not that close even now. And the reason is simple, Harden is an elite scorer that can drive to the basket and create contact and score. That is an elite skill that not many players can do and only Lebron is better. People on here don't appreciate how valuable that is.

When you can penetrate like that you draw double teams and you create open 3's. That means when Harden drives to the basket he is going to the line, scoring a basket, doing both, or getting an assist at a high percentage. That is a powerful skill that he is actually better than Durant and Westbrook at. That's why if harden cuts down on his TO's and ISO's this conversation jumps into the ridiculous arena. Right now it's just an easy choice, James Harden is the better player.

1 person likes this.
  9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Untradeables
    Lebron
    Durant
    Curry
    Harden
    George

10. gengar

gengar Member

Only Lebron and Durant? Lol...

I would trade Harden for

Lebron / Durant / CP3 / Rose / Howard / Wade / Parker / Duncan / M. Gasol / Irving

When you bring in a guy for offense that plays 0 defense, you would expect him to score off of iso plays but Harden hasn't even been able to do that. At the beginning of the season, I thought Harden was better than half the guys I listed, but I realize now that no defense + jacking contested 3's is killing the team more than anything.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I love the GARM.:rolleyes:

12. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Harden...cause we ain't seen nothing yet.

1 person likes this.
  13. pnr

pnr Member

Honestly, Harden needs defensive minded players at all other four positions and the team would be unstoppable. Harden on this year's Bulls team would make it to the finals. Hell, Harden on this year's Pacers team and the Pacers have a legit shot at upsetting the Heat.

14. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Really bro? You're taking a 37 year old Duncan? You have a long career as a GM ahead of you.

15. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Not close. Harden.

George is a much better defender, but Harden will improve there. Same as many players have done after a couple years of starting, and he's already miles ahead on the offensive side of the ball.

They're the same age, and George is a rising star. Harden is one.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm still just enjoying Harden. Remember when our best talent was Scola and we had no idea if we'd ever acquire a legit star?

Just enjoy it brahs.

1 person likes this.
  17. brennan713

brennan713 Member

Harden in a heartbeat. George has the length, size and defensive presence, but his offensive game will reach nowhere near the offensive skill that James has.
    Lets just hope Harden keeps developing his game and we aren't proven wrong in this argument.

18. hltiki

hltiki Member

Majority of People here will pick harden while the majority of pacers fans will pick George. I'd pick Chris Paul over the both of them.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

instead of Lance Stephenson? sure

20. 713

713 Member

I'd be happy with either one.

Both have their perks:

Harden: More offensively developed, can attack the paint at will, quicker first step, closer mentality, has room to improve on defense

George: Elite defense, outstanding athleticism, knock down 3's and has immense potential to fill out on offense.