1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

+H€ dW|ghT hOWaRd paTT€rN?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, May 10, 2013.

1. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Lets break some things down using common sense...no cryp....no cryptic messages (That was hard to write!) or anything, just basic info. Lets all go Mentalist and channel a little Patrick Jane here. Patterns, folks....patterns.

I'll start off the conversation with a few abstract questions and you can give whatever opinions you'd like. All of my patterns and questions are based solely on osmosis. These are questions I currently ask myself in order to make a logical conclusion and see where pieces fit. These determinants are all stand alone. They can LEAD forward to other decisions but they can not be answered BASED on wild speculation, only those things which are mild speculation that most people have heard or read. Also, these questions are from MY mind and thus, they might tend to be a bit abstract. Anyway, here.....we.....go.

1. I wonder if Dwight is more happy or more sad with his situation in LA?

--I would say that he is more sad than happy. I base this on media reports, losing games, his relationship with 24, the coach, the offense, etc... I also believe that his future and that of his team's future is not optimum by any stretch and I believe this is being considered. I believe these things lead him to be more sad than happy thus, ADV. Rockets.

2. Hmm...does Dwight truly want to be a movie star? Does he care at all about winning or his location?

--Possibly, to the acting. However, I believe this to be a complete non-factor. I base this on his Jersey affinity, as well as reports that he and D. Williams had spoken about playing together and forming a super team. Thus, I believe that winning is the notoriety that he seeks and does not place acting above that. Thus, I do not believe that LA offers him anything in regards to that other than agents. Agents and casting directors in LA will certainly be honest if they are anything and they will tell him that parts for a 6'11" black man who is in great shape and attractive will be rare and typecast. There will be no parts next to a 5' 7" Tom Cruise ...period. His contacts will come from his agent, not his locale. he can live there in the summer. And ask yourself this, CF BBS, would you like to be an actor? Of course you would. And that matters...right? Wrong. Everyone wants to be an actor. Oscar winner Dwight Howard? Methinks not? Of course, that's what they told Andy Bernard. Good luck, Andy.

3. Does the money matter to Dwight?

--Without a doubt. But...what is money? A means to an end? Security? Status? Yes...to all. But like all of us, we want the best of both worlds, with lots of cake that WE get to eat. How many players see their 5 year deal through? How many opt out and redo it for MORE security? I believe this to be a SOLID factor in Dwight's decision. Now, about that cake...
    What IS the cake? Money? No. Is the cake simply Happiness/ Peace/ No pressure + WINNING/ Friends/ atmosphere? I believe so, yes. So, is his cake in LA? I would say no. But is the money in LA? Yes.
    ------------------------

Lets forget money for now and focus on 'Where is Dwight's cake?"
    I believe it could've been in New Jersey but I do not believe it is there now based on economics, league rules, and D. Williams. With that said, I believe it could be Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and LA, to a lesser extent.

Dallas < CAKE: Dallas offers money but little chance of making a dent in winning. No winning brings frustration, frustration brings unhappiness, unhappiness dampens energy, no energy brings losses. These are facts and these are humanistic patterns and they are undisputed. Examples from all sports are endless.

Atlanta < CAKE: Apparently, Dwight has made it clear that he does not want to play at home. It would make him unhappy. Rumors say he might play there IF Josh Smith was there. Security, happiness, etc... But without Smith, D12 has said NO to ATL. I believe ATL is out of play but the desire to play with his best friend would be enticing, as it would be to everyone. Imagine working somewhere with a best friend? It makes things more tolerable. With that said, I still feel ATL is out simply because it is a 'If.....THEN...." response and those are not responses that excite anyone involved.

Houston = CAKE: all of the above desires that we have 'gathered' from D12 could be met in a city like Houston. Would he enjoy the chemistry? IMO...yes. Gameplay? Yes. Potential? Yes. Championship mix? Yes? Pressure? No. Atmosphere? Yes. A brutal press? No. In my opinion, Houston offers what the other legitimate cities do not. Based on patterns, I believe, Houston offers the highest-grade; a cake containing the best ingredients.

I believe D12 to be a big kid. I believe he has a great heart and can be kind to a fault. Sometimes when people are too flexible, they come across as weak or immature when they have moments of disdain for things. We're so used to them doing things one way, we overreact when they break from that pattern and then we label them without trying to figure things out. We don't look for patterns to understand them. Dwight's ejection was bred from frustration, not because he's a quitter and not because he's a loser but rather from his frustration. Yes, he showed his frustration on the court. Just because he doesn't handle everything properly does not mean that he is the embodiment of what others call us when we do things like he did. If we can't behave properly, then we'll be damned if we let a multi-millionaire act like that. He has millions...he should be happy doing anything. Well, D12 might have twenty 75" TV's in his huge mansion...but, come Thursday nights, he can only watch 'Person of Interest' on ONE channel. During that hour, all the other TV's mean are meaningless. He can only be a one TV guy...just like us. He gets frustrated...just like us. He gets ejected....just like us (At the YMCA).

As a big kid, he's going to act on emotion because patterns dictate that. However, patterns dictate that a kid is also susceptible to influence. He's been influenced once...and stayed. He's been influenced twice...and he agreed. Does he allow himself to be influenced a third time? We'll see...but the first two did not work out well for him. The DWill turned on him. Perhaps it's time for Dwight to throw a fit and shock the world? If I were him, I'd say screw it. I wanna go play with a group of people that seem to be having fun, no controversies, etc... I wonder if I could get my best friend to come? :)

As for the money, we all know this. Yes, you want the extra year but in reality, you're going to opt out anyway. BimaThug would know this stuff better than I....(and the rest of the Milky Way galaxy). The difference in money per season seems to be negligible. There's no reason to think he doesn't get a Barkley promise. However, if he doesn't feel as if his body will make it, he might feel it safer to take the deal in LA.

In conclusion (Finally), I believe, based solely on patterns and instinct and with all things being equal to the current situation, that if Dwight Howard acts on instinct and emotion, he will leave LA. I believe that if he leaves LA that he will, in fact, play next season for the Houston Rockets. I believe based on these patterns that Houston and LA are the only options.

(Kobe amnesty, Gasol amnesty, Dantoni firing, etc...will all play into things. Again, these patterns are based on the now. My instinct says that D12 is ready to escape and fly away and start over fresh....for the last time in his career. Third time's the charm. Houston has gone a long while without luck. They got Harden. Patterns usually sees streaks broken in 2’s. (undefeated teams usually lose 1 and then lose a second fairly quickly) I believe the Rockets are beginning their lucky streak. I believe it's going to pay off. In the end. As we. Trek. Into Darkness. ;)

6 people like this.
  2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Posting in epic thread.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

CyberX AND Doc Rocket ?

[​IMG]

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Doc Rocket makes me so horny

1 person likes this.
  5. thekad

thekad Member

We didn't need a new thread for rehashed speculation.

6. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

popcorn is ready.

7. Convictedstupid

And here we....go!

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Looooong time until Offseason.

9. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

u nailed it.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Thanks Doc, another thing that should be taken into consideration is the fact that Arian Foster has been getting more film roles than any other NFL player and he is based out of Houston. I think Dwight should see that and throw notion that his acting goals are only achievable in LA out of the window.

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xSLlZh9yelk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. mhch720

mhch720 Member

Legit Source.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dwight already had a film role...When he was in Orlando lol.

Durant is pretty much the face of the NBA outside of Lebron and plays in OKC.

I mean this is 2013. Everyone is getting exposure as long as you win. It's not like the Thunder games aren't televised. If the Bobcats start to win then their games will be on ESPN, televised too.

The whole big market thing is pretty much a sham. You don't need to play in LA to be a superstar and get movie roles (Again Dwight had a movie role playing in Orlando...) so if Dwight sits down and thinks about that it should be a no brainer.

1 person likes this.
  14. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Doc Rocket < CAKE
    Doc Rocket = Meh.

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

I was just gonna sleep smh.

16. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Your handle is thekad...you misspelled kid. Play like its Thanksgiving and go sit over there at TheKid's table. See that kid with his hands in the olives, sucking out the pimentos and then spitting them back into the bowl?? Yeah, that's your table. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :p

1 person likes this.
  17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

So, basically more speculation?

Was hoping for some insider info

18. Classic

Classic Member

cool, Houston deserves a dominant big man

Based on patterns, we lost Malone but got hakeem & Sampson a few years later

We then lost Hakeem but got Yao a few years later

We lost Yao a few years back. Bout time for Dwight.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Excellent Doc Rocket and cyberx both posting positive views on a Howard acquisition!

20. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I am in. Locked and ready.