1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Probably because they have to wait on Dwight's decision before they can do anything with Gasol. If Dwight waits until July to decide, even if he comes back, they will have to hustle to dump Gasol, otherwise they could get hit with approximately $70 million in tax bills. The amnesty window is only July 10 - 16. By the time that deadline passes, the teams that may have traded for Gasol by absorbing his contract with their cap space may have spent their money elsewhere. Maybe Dwight is trying to force them to keep Gasol and won't make up his mind until July 17th. What's the best way to get the Lakers worried? Have his agent's people drop hints that Dwight is aware that Houston has become more attractive.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=233352

1 person likes this.
  2. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

My comments were more generalised in response to someone else and I went on a bit of a rant. My comments were directed to the general CF community about how the well rated posts are often about how great the rockets are or how we can easily get top-tier players, while posts saying we don't have a chance or certain players aren't great get bad ratings.

Regarding Cyberx, I agree that the body of his post was great. Left very open and seemed very factual and thought out. That-beibg-said, the title is misleading and really does not some up the body of his post.

It makes it look like the Rockets are the front runners and are most likely to get him. Instead the body of post reads as though Lakers are least likely to retain him; nothing to do with the Rockets. Alternatively, you could say, all teams not named the Lakers have a growing chance of getting him, not just the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

1 person likes this.
  4. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Any truth to the D'Antoni rumours.

Dwight wants D'Antoni gone but Buss and Kupchak don't want Phil Jackson to take over EVERYTHING. Also don't want to have 3 coaches on the books at the same time... Browm, D'Antoni and Jackson.

5. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I love cybrex and doc rocket posts .... I think the problem is it takes intelligent people to figure out you guys are legit and that not everything can be determined. If one if you were morey himself you could be wrong sbout info cause things change so much

I honestly think you should start a thread where you have not be a complete moron to read your posts...

It's annoying you guys get attacked for just trying to give what 90% what they want.

Just curious doc.... Cybrex

Do you think it's possible/probable we get cp3 and dh12?

6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

He is aware of Houston's rich big man history as well right?

How much does he really value Dreams opinion and do you really think Harden texting him has any positive effect at all?

And thank you for your posts. I and many of the posters here enjoy them. Do not listen to these young kids that are immature.

1 person likes this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think Harden, Parsons, and Howard is a poor man's version of the Miami big three. But, I also think that their games might very well compliment each other's better than the three in Miami, making them almost as effective of a big three. I know he's a good player and all, but we seriously do not need Paul. It would break the bank, and cause us to mortgage the team. I'd rather have a big three of Harden, Parsons, and Howard, and be able to surround them with a supporting cast of people like Lin, Beverley, DMo, Terrence Jones, possibly Francisco Garcia, Greg Smith, etc. than to mortgage the team and end up with Harden, Paul, Howard and a bunch of scrubs (including no Parsons).

Maybe I'm the only one, though...

1 person likes this.
  8. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

YEEES! This.

I was reading Rudolph too and got the feeling that Dwight was more than 50% set on Houston.

But it hard to know when Rudolf is speaking as Dwights mouthpiece and when he's just a media person speculating.

9. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I don't know that he's ever came back with any "I told you so" type of stuff.

Does it HAVE to be someone trying to draw attention to themselves? I guess it's possible. Not likely, based on his history, however (not to mention what a couple of respected posters have said about him).

As for the statement the title is misleading (in a post above), I don't think so.

In this guy's eyes (cyberx), Dwight ending up in Houston was basically at ZERO percent the last time we went through all this.

Now, he states in the title Houston's chances are "growing". Then, places guesstimated odds at 33%... which is definitely "growing" compared to where he felt they were in previous attempts to obtain him.

I feel there is definite legitimacy to him, but could obviously be wrong.

But, there also seems to be many here who seem intent on making him and his posts out to be more than they are. (or are claiming to be)

1 person likes this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Don't pull more than twice without getting paid....

1 person likes this.
  11. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

That's his perspective.

It all starts on when Dwight comes to Houston to check us out to do his diligence. It's how we get him from that point. Until then, it's all speculation.

1 person likes this.
  12. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Others have touched on it, but if Howard and Paul took just $500k each less than their max and Houston could deal/cut Asik, Lin, Robinson, White, Garcia, and Delfino then (even after minimum salary holds) they would be between $100-200k under a $60M salary cap.

The team would be: Paul, Harden, Howard, Parson, T. Jones, Beverley, Smith, Montie, 2nd round pick from PHX, and minimum salary players. And from those trades you would expect to have collected a couple future pick assets that could be very helpful down the line.

I don't expect any of that to happen, but it is possible.

1 person likes this.
  13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The middle 16 pages of this thread suck. Good discussion on the ends though.

1 person likes this.
  14. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

LOL...now I'm talking myself into the possibility he's not legit???

No way. I'm convinced based on how adamant he was back when so many felt he was coming here via trade at the deadline. Guy never wavered, even when everyone was reposting tweets by those saying Houston has inside track - and we all felt we had best package by far.

The only real questions being asked at that time were "would Morey give up too much" - and if he wouldn't, many actually thought Orlando would NOT even make a trade.

He was steadfast in his belief, based on things he'd heard regarding Fegan, that he WOULD end up in L.A.... even when Brooklyn was still not completely dead, if I remember correctly.

I'm in... he's legit, damnit... not changing my mind. :p

15. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

The poor man version can be explained probably by our big three would essentially only have 1 person in their prime, whereas the Miami 3 has their 3 players all in each of their primes and declining(Wade)

1 person likes this.
  16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

One thing I've wondered from the player's perspective and maybe cyber can answer this.

How do they look at the team situation? Is it one where their agents try to piece everything together.

Or is it more a case of they look at some big pictures like "I can play with Paul here, or Harden there, or Lebron there" and any sort of intricacy and salary cap/roster fill out/future planning happens in the meetings (ergo the player asks "ok if i sign, what can you put around me?")

1 person likes this.
  17. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I just skipped to page 19. :) Saved some hassle.

Some interesting posts there (Rockets2K) :cool:

1 person likes this.
  19. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Yep, this sounds about right. Apart from convincing Howard and Paul to come here. The difficult part is how to off-load Lin, Asik, Robinson, White for nothing in return? Trade exceptions and picks? Not happening IMHO.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Insider threads was a big part of the fun of being on Clutchfans many moons ago.

If you're a skeptic or have doubts, be a good one and ask for more details rather than exposing yourself as some dumbass mouthbreather with notions everyone have already considered but don't because they pay attention on here. It makes you a little cooler than you really are and you actually contribute rather than displaying some fake pride of not being fooled.

And seriously, what kind of insider will prove who they really are and risk a)getting fired or b)losing their status? It's usually random posters who overhear things that have nothing to lose that spill everything they know, but randos are more wrong than right.

It's a long offseason and these threads makes things interesting on the forums. If you can't have fun, stfu and gtfo. You won't be fooled or punked that way, and people on here won't be reminded of what a ****stain poster you've been.

1 person likes this.