1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Morey go after Pau Gasol again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 29, 2013.

?

Will he?

1. yes, cause Dwight is too diva

42 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. yes, cause so we can add Spain next to Turkey and Taiwan

66 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. no, he's too old

159 vote(s)
    49.7%
  4. no, we need Dwight and Dream/McHale to teach him how shoot a 3 foot jumper

53 vote(s)
    16.6%
  1. SeabrookMiglla

lol yeah, but we are in houston and white ppl love their white players! LOL

2. SeabrookMiglla

on a serious note, i would sign pau for cheap. he would be a good fit next to asik, but i think the pace of the game would slow down with pau in. asik can keep up pretty good for a big man, im not sure if pau could stay with the pace of this young team.

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

Fisher and Paul

I'd never want these two guys wearing Rockets uniform, no matter how cheap they are.

4. SeabrookMiglla

id take the bird and fish, whats wrong with them?:p

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Fisher i can agree, put paul has never really had anything against houston or done cheap things to us

6. MONON

MONON Member

Fisher, I can stomach as a Rocket. CP3's on-court antics make him totally unbareable for me.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I say Pau is our target if we strike out on Dwight/CP3. We could probably get him and Meta for one of our young PFs and a 2nd Rounder. It is a lot to take on but it would just be one year worth of each and we could examine where to go next. It would allow for full flexibility and it would probably make us a three seed for the season at least.

Lin / Bev / Brooks
    Harden / Garcia
    Parsons /MWP
    Gasol / Young Guys
    Asik / Young Guys

8. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

The only way Pau ends up here is if he's a one year rental after LA amnesties him. We won't be giving up assets to acquire him. Resigning him after that is up for debate.

9. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

The guy has won two NBA Championships, FIBA Gold, two Olympic Silvers, Rookie of the year, One All NBA first team and 5 time all star. . . he's going to be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

1A and 1B are Howard and CP3.
    Gasol is a great 1 year fall back play.

Questions:

Do the Lakers even care about $60 million in tax? The team is worth a billion dollars. It seems that not tarnishing 'the brand' is worth whatever they have to pay in salary and tax.

It appears to me, the Lakers smartest course, if they indeed do care about the Luxury Tax is to trade Gasol to whatever team that is under the that offers them the best asset(s). For us, someone above said Motiejunas and Brooks.
    Sounds about right?

Gasol is a good interim to get you to a 2014 signing. But if Aldridge is the target, aren't we bidding against Paul Allen? Does he care if his team goes into the luxury tax? He could max Aldridge and two of his friends with his pocket change, tax be damned.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pau has been very weak in the playoffs without Kobe

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

SMH at how uneducated you are

Pau without Kobe ..... seriously I think no playoff win

He did have one good playoff run but in his career he was a notorious REGULAR SEASON GUY

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

No it sounds like you only watched Gasol one game and haven't followed him the last few years lol.

The sole reason the Lakers even got Bynum was to have a low post presence down low. Why would they draft a low post player if they already had one w/ Gasol? Lol. I laughed out loud when you accused Howard of "ball hogging" when its a known fact he didn't average many shots this year. Even a few Laker fans were upset at Gasol being soft and not aggressive enough. You want that here??? Um, no thank you:rolleyes:

We don't need a soft player well past his prime. We need a mobile, athletic big that will block shots, rebound & run the court

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Only as an expiring contract,otherwise a big no.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I said the biggest ball hog in the game AND Dwight. Not the biggest ball hog in the game, Dwight.

But whatever you believe what you want. I think you are wayyyy off on what you thin Gasol has and can still bring to a team.

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Oh ok, my bad.

If this were 2010 I'd agree with you. But now, I just don't see the purpose of signing a old & old injury prone player who doesn't PF who doesn't defend well.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

DMo is too much to give up for a salary dump that will save the Lakers close to $80 million. If we cut Delfino, Beverly, Brooks, don't pick up the option on Garcia, then we can trade our salary dump (Royce White) for Gasol. Then resign Garcia for the $2.6 million room exception.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I think you greatly undervalue Pau's trade value. The Lakers can shed a ton in salary and taxes and still get players of value and/or picks, either from Houston or another team. I'm guessing that Royce White and cap relief is not going to move the needle for the Lakers. It'll take at least one of the top PF prospects, just for starters.

19. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets, The Lakers, and Pau Gasol. Oh my.

It's no secret that Morey likes Gasol, and the Rockets could still use him. He's not getting any younger, but there is still gas in his tank.

The Lakers can choose to keep Pau, trade him, or amnesty him, and I doubt they have made a final decision, but let's assume they decide to trade him for some younger assets, players they can keep and develop or use for a future trade. Who would or should the Rockets be willing to swap
    for Gasol?

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if we can't get Dwight/CP3, Pau should be our next target