1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, May 3, 2013.

?

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

1. Chris Paul

317 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Dwight Howard

251 vote(s)
    44.2%
  1. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Rudolph is the legit source isn't he?

2. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

This. He's going to get the coach he wants. Too much underutilized talent on that roster.

Also, (from a strictly basketball perspective) even if he wanted to leave, I can't see why he'd want to come to Houston. He's a ball dominant guard who thrives playing with bigs. The Rockets already have the former and lack the latter.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

Rudolph is a legit Dwight source when Dwight wants to share news. Right now it's just Rudolph speculating.

4. Aleron

Aleron Member

yes, he's the mouth piece

5. Aleron

Aleron Member

Would this be the first time Sterling has sided with a black guy over a white guy? :p

I kid I kid ....

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Speculating on what he's already heard...but what most know.

There aren't many options. Brooklyn would have to trade for him. Dallas is old and their roster is not as stable (Dirk and...)

Atlanta will not have Smith most likely (and if he returns to play with Dwight it could mean a bench role)

Houston is really the only or best opportunity.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This pretty much says that CP3 can be SWAYED to going somewhere else if he feels that somewhere else has a BETTER CHANCE TO WIN than where he is at now. He doesn't sound overly committed to the Clippers.

If the Rockets/Morey can come up with a strategy to get DH12 and CP3 then I think that would be enough for him to bold the Clippers.

The ceiling of a Harden+Howard+CP3 team would be VERY high and be right there with the Miami Heat. I am not sure CP3 would turn that down.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IMO, getting Paul and Howard would be overkill. One would be enough and as i mentioned earlier, Paul should be the one to come here. Morey shouldn't have to pull any tricks or anything like that to get him. He already sees the potential.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Paul is likely not coming here. Dwight coming is a much more viable option. Cut Delfino :)(), Garcia, Brooks, and Olbrecht to cut salary.

Then try and trade Robinson, Royce, and Suns 2nd rd pick for Jeff Taylor, and the Blazer's pick they own to cut even more salary.

Sign Dwight to the max

Trade Asik and Dmo for Anderson, Lopez, and a 2nd rd pick. Lopez is a much better option as a backup center and Anderson will offset Delfino and Garcia's shooting abilities.

Lin/Beverley
    Harden/Anderson
    Parsons/Taylor
    Anderson/Jones/Smith
    Howard/Lopez

Title contending team right there.

11. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

I saw a similar idea posted on another message board I frequent. I would absolutely go nuts if this happened. I can't think of a more perfect fit for this team than Ryan Anderson if we were able to get Dwight. Honestly, I believe Chandler can be the third "star" on this team next to Dwight and Harden. With an awesome stretch 4 in Anderson as well as a pretty good young PG in Lin, and it'd be an awesome lineup.

Having Lopez to backup Howard would be key as well. Lopez is certainly a downgrade from Asik, but he isn't that much worse. He'd be able to play solid defense and be an ok low post scorer to give Dwight a breather throughout the season and keep his legs and back fresh. Only thing I'd like is a little bit better backup SG/SF to give Harden some much needed rest. Let the guy pace himself a bit more throughout the season.

I'm curious, what is it you like so much about Jeff Taylor?

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

If that's true, he's going to be disappointed to learn that the problem runs deeper than the coach. I predicted this first round exit 12 years ago when I figured out the Clippers have a culture problem stemming from their owner and that they'd never do anything of consequence as long as he was alive. I think it's a testament to Paul's talent that he took them from lottery status to pretender status, but one man can only do so much. The whole franchise needs a transformation before Paul can win there.

This seems very likely to me. He's probably Morey's targetted disgruntled star in 2015.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

15. harden man

harden man Member

Chris Paul is not coming to houston...no way no how....he would not want to play next to iso harden.... EVER...not happening....howard maybe

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

17. Aleron

Aleron Member

The biggest problem with Dwight is that nobody knows what Dwight wants most of the time, least of all Dwight.

Random "executives" except for the lakers people would certainly know less than press members with ties to him.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

19. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

Salty. CP3 would know what to do. :cool:

And Howard will not join the Hawks, terrible team. Beyond terrible.

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He's has the potential to be a solid role player on a very cheap, Morey-like contract.