1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Iron Man 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 10, 2010.

1. RedRacer

RedRacer Contributing Member

part 4 is missing.... but for those who saw the movie and wants to compare to canon .... here's

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kn_PcZsu6pA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Saw it, wasn't all too impressed. I appreciate the new approach (I guess since it's a new director), but the villain and direction of the story fell kind of flat for me.

I'd give it a 6/10.

Also holy **** this was one of the worst movie experiences for me. Half of the movie goers brought their kids. And by kids I mean children under the age of 7. A few yelled and spoke loudly throughout the movie. A few people tried shushing but the parents (all of them) couldn't take a hint clear as day. I wish movie theaters would disallow children under the age of 10 to enter.

Then had a huge fight with the gf cus she didn't want to stay for the end credits. Maybe all of this combined contributed to my pretty low score for IM3.

This also didn't connect at all towards the Avengers story. It seems like they're not going to do anymore Iron Man movies after the Avengers 2. Maybe they'll reboot it again.

3. ashiin

ashiin Member

Yeah, telling a story in a movie? WHAT A SCAM.

4. ashiin

ashiin Member

Tony Stark suffering from anxiety attacks after the events of New York DUE to the mention of New York isn't connecting towards the Avengers story?

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I think he means it doesn't really set up anything for the second film.

If give this movie a 7/10. It wasn't great but it was way better than the second. The whole villain thing was a real letdown.

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Have people forgotten about X-Men United? That to me is still the best Marvel adaptation to me. Even though I'm not a big fan of Raimi's Spiderman 1 & 2 I still think its damn fine. At least they put in the effort and make you care about the people that die. Instead of the last 2 Iron Man have been nothing but a joke. What's the point of building up his humanity just to push it all right back down with the whole comedy skit? It's totally take away the sense of danger and urgent of the movie and desensitize it. At least I would like to walk out of the movie feeling there is something to take away from and feeling rewarded instead all Iron Man did was make a joke of itself.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The first iron man was golden because it maintained a consistent grit and was great with story telling. This one however i felt i was watching ghost rider with all the crappy burning villans. He saw pepper fall and still was making comedic gestures, thank god this is the last one.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Highly doubt this will be the last one, IM3 is making serious bank. They're negotiating RDJ's new contract.

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

still can't get over that edward norton is not hulk anymore

:mad::(

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah that was a little confusing. I would expect him to be super depressed and give up or go absolutely berserk with utter disregard of his own life.

I didn't mind the comedy, but the villain was probably the fans' biggest gripe. For me personally, I would have preferred one badass villain setting out to kill Stark with awesome superpowers and gadgets, than some dude with a generic army. Also with the direction they went with Mandarin, I wonder why they even included him in at all. He should have been completely omitted and the story would not have been effected one bit.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

RDJ? He had a look of desperation, and then the villain showed up and they fought. I didn't see anything resembling comedic gestures.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

He didn't seem desperate to me. He was pissed but that didn't last long, everything went back to normal once they ran towards each other for a hug.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You're joking right? Ruffalo is perfect.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

still haven't seen The Avengers

yea, i know

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

When they were on the roof, i don't remember if he was trying to summon his suit or a blast at him but something didn't workout the way Tony had planned, so Tony makes a comedic face and was like "oh so much for that".
    It just feels like they sold out for the younger generation and not the movie quality.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

People, there are spoilers all through this thread. Give people a break! I saw the flick today and loved it. Downey was fantastic, so was Gwyneth Paltrow, who looked terrific. The chick did some serious working out to prepare for this film, and it shows. The 3D was very well done. Guy Pearce and Sir Ben Kingsley both did excellent work. One of the best of this genre that I've seen.

8.5/10

17. chocolatebear

chocolatebear Member

I thought it was really good. I didn't really like the Avengers, but Iron Man 3 was funny, action-packed, and unpredictable at times.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wonder if the kid will be relevant in any future installments of IM and Avengers movies.

For the comic book people: was the kid written into the movie, or did his character exist in the comics?

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain it's just a random kid.

20. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Was hoping for an antman cameo/reference since they might be adding a movie about him and maybe to the avengers.

Also why weren't the avengers or at least captain America helping considering it was terrorism and such?