1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 5/1/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2013.

1. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

kenny finds a way to bring up the 94/95 rockets any chance he gets on this showm i love it.. kenny also said since hes a former rocket he watches the current rockets probably more than the others when he was giving praise to parsons.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jon Barry is just awful. when the Rockets came back from 26 down he actually sounded sad that it was happening. I never had an opinion of JB before that game but after 3 hours, i grew to hate him intensely. Brent is the truth though.

3. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Yeah, it's not like he got the Rockets 2 big wins, one of them against the Clippers while Harden was injured.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Fish is either on his back, or bent over.

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I actually kind've agree. No matter "if" he would come back and play well... this matchup and combo has brought us 2 wins. Its hard to argue with chemistry and production. I like Lin, but I don't think you toss him back in with this formula working... :(

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he looks like a taliban with that thing over his head!!!

7. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

What, no love for harden? Weird. He was leading scorer.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

What happened to AB? They were wrapping his leg, but he was walking O.K. Never came back in the game.

9. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I agree. He played nearly 45m today. He can't keep up it for every game.

10. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

This is just dumb logic. You play your starters when they're healthy.

11. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Harden was amazing tonight!!!

12. Mashing

Mashing Member

Feels good man. Let's force a game 7 on Friday.

13. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i thought they were un-wrapping it..

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This was my favorite Rockets game in years! Since game 1 win at LA in 2009 second round honestly.

Harden came out looking like the superstar he is. Beverly played spectacularly. Asik dominated, perhaps one of his best games of the year. Brooks had a couple of possessions where he looked like the old Brooks of 2009. Garcia has stepped it up BIG TIME. Only player who played sub-par was Parsons, but I'm sure he'll bounce back next game.

Oh, and shouldn't there be threads popping up in the Dish accusing Durant of choking, not being a superstar, or being overrated? lol there was a lot of dumb things being said about Harden after last game so it's good to see him bounce back.

Oh and about the usual Lin debate, I don't think we are better without Lin, but we are better without the Lin that has been playing in this series. If Lin plays well, we are better off. But he hasn't played well this series.

1 person likes this.
  15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

true, but I think honestly OKC focused on him more because of his play last game... and he just didn't produce like before. I bet he comes back with a strong Game 6 now!

16. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>AsikAsikAsikGet him his own sneakers and dump truck. Whatever it is , he needs commercials.</p>&mdash; Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) <a href="https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/status/329817221121597440">May 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I'm not Lin hating when I say that Lin must NOT start on Friday. You can't take Bev out because he's playing too well and you certainly can't take Garcia out. He is playing way too well making Durant work for everything.

18. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I agree. I love what Bev has brought to the team, but he just isn't the playmaker Lin is. He tends to only pass around the perimeter, and he doesn't really create shots for Asik/Smith. I'm hoping he works on that this summer.

Another thing is that the presence of Lin on the court takes pressure off of Harden. Lin is the only other player on the team who defenses also game plan for on a consistent basis. Take tonight for example. I believe a lot of Harden's efficiency had to do with OKC having to guard Parsons tightly. They didn't give Parsons half that respect before and instead just focused on shutting Harden down, resulting in bad shooting % and many TOs. If we get a 2nd star I'm all for Lin playing the Manu role.

With that said, I love how Bev and AB have been playing. I don't even care if Lin returns this series. Just focus on getting well and then training for next season.

19. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

Synchronized flopping! Just SMH.

20. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

if the league was legit.. Fisher would be broke after this game after being fined for each flop.