1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 5/1/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2013.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Can't wait to see what adjustments McHale makes to keep this lead going through the second half. You know Durant will not come out in the second half and the game will be slowed down by him going to the FT line.

2. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

whooo there buddy, lets pump the brakes a little bit

3. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Backup PG> Starting PG in Houston Playoffs:grin:

4. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

If they do, they do. But we can't have KD dunking or driving past 3 guys...seen way too much of that. Yes, he's a fantastic player but we are making it awfully easy for him.Make him go over you..they will call an occasional charge on him.

5. gambingo

gambingo Member

We definitely need to take advantage every chance we get of Fisher being out there. AB can get past him anytime he wants, it's either an easy lay up or open 3 for someone else.

6. bro2044

bro2044 Member

keep the turnovers low (best TO game of the season so far?)

attack the basket more and draw some fouls! I do not like 7 FTs to 13 at all... in the end that will hurt us if it continues into like 15 FTs to 30.

I also hope we fall just a little less in love with the 3. Im glad we're making them! Its just that eventually they will probably start making theirs, and we will cool off. I do like that everytime they get close or tie, we go on a run. Showing some heart! W or L, im glad our guys are fighting!

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

For saying we have a PG playing at a level another one our PGs cant? and because you dont agree i should be banned? you're a smart one. i'm sure you got along with plenty people who dont agree with you.

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Harden casually tossing up 16 points on 7 shots and 1 turnover. That's an off-the-charts points per possession number.

9. harden man

harden man Member

Beverly is fine....he's a back up who's played pretty well

10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Game 4 you saw a concerted effort by Parsons to get involved. Whether that was Chandler's idea or McHale's, I'd like to see him get involved more than he has. Delfino will get his looks at 3 too at some point.

11. ILoveTheRockets

I am just crossing my fingers praying Kevin Martin doesn't come out of half time with a fire lit under his ass.

If he makes 1 or 2 of those 3's this is a different ball game.

Must play D with a ton of heart this second half.

12. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

One game at a time!:)

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Stay out on their shooters - no leaving Fisher/Sefolosha open daring them to get hot.

Rebound. The. Damn. Ball.

Everyone on the court needs to be held accountable for boxing out - and not just the Thunder big men.

We limit their possessions and we reduce their effectiveness. They've already got numerous points off second chance attempts.

They're 1-12 from downtown this half.
    We need to weather every storm which is going to be thrown at us.
    When it gets down to a one possession game - we don't need hero ball. We need good offensive sets and ball movement/misdirection.

Forget the crowd.
    Forget the officiating.
    We play our game - we win. Simple.

Go out there and get it H Town.

14. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Props to AB for being aggressive, but 3-8 and 0-2 FT for 6 pts is actually bad.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Whoa, there. The Rockets are onl up by a few points. Even then the OKC look like they're in control of the game. It would be great if the Rockets can sneak a win this game but I sense a blow out loss coming. Durant will enter video game mode and OKC's 3s will start raining.

16. allaroundplayer

a good shot is one you make. :grin:

17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Got away from moving the ball in the 2nd quarter. We need to move the freaking ball. That's the only way to win.

18. LAC

LAC Member

I have a bad feeling about this. Weren't we down by this margin in the last game? Let's hope OKC don't come out blazing in the 3rd.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wouldn't worry about that. Martin tends to get worse as the game goes on. It is known.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just leave Kevin martin open he's gonna miss