1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 5/1/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Win or lose, I hope the guys play with that same pride in games 2, 3 and 4.

I'm also hoping that McHale doesn't allow OKC to go on a HUGE run before calling timeout.

Our greatest advantage is going to be our three-point shooting, Bev's penetration and James is DUE for a good game.

Our greatness weakness will be our mental errors at critical times.

McHale is part of this. He really needs to show what he's made of as a coach tonight. This could be it.

I think everyone would prefer some decent subs, plays, rotations and zones when they are appropriate.

I am so tired of seeing McHale rub his wrinkles on the bench when he has nothing to contribute other than a dirty look.

Get off your ass and coach.

Also, Cisco is going to go to work again. I said it from the day he was traded here. Underrated offensively, defensively and as a leader on our team. I love his energy.

I think the key to the game really rebounding. We would have had the last game easily if not for the extra attempts from Serge, Kendrick and Collison.

Help Omer box out, don't fall for the upfake and continue to contest shots.

I coach and it's my pet peeve for any player to jump for any sort of fake. If you jump to defend, the shot better be going up at the same time or you've failed.

We also have the refs to deal with, and that home court advantage is OKC is definitely an advantage.

Get them into foul trouble, but mainly, MAKE DURANT PLAY DEFENSE. He hasn't had to play defense enough and he's had plenty of energy on offense. We've gotta get him involved more in our plans.

Please, Please Kevin, before you let everyone on our roster get into foul trouble, make a damn adjustment. Do something. Put Greg Smith on Serge for a little bit.

Love my Rockets. Let's get em'

2. wuppertal369

wuppertal369 Member

Whitney Houston died in Beverly Hills. wtf.......Houston died in Beverly......jinx

3. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

okc we can beat but i am afraid harden will stop us...

4. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Um what?

5. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

This game is about the Houston Rockets. Not J.Lin or James Harden, Lets get that W and bring it back to HTown. LETS GO.

6. H-Town™

H-Town™ Member

Even if we lose, we won 1 game so it wasn't a sweep, we can be proud of that.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Have you guys been watching the 'examples of bad posts' thread? SkyrimOwnsAll is DOMINATING!

8. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Jjjjjjjjjereeeeemmmmyyyyyy

Linnnnnnnnnn

9. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Too bad he's gone now.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Thunder introduced tonight's ball kids. I didn't recognize anyone.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/329765584596242432">May 2, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Pretty sure my TV just said he will not play.

13. Williamson

But he was the best bad poster on the board!!!!!:confused:

14. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

ohh skyrim will be back... in a different handle. same postings :)

15. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Pre-game media round-up and rumours.

Just did a round of internet and twitter for pre-game news and thought I'd share it here:

1) Harden has a sore throat. Did not shoot around this morning. Is a game time decision. Not unusual for Rockets players to skip shoot around if feeling a little ill. McHale says he'll definitely go.

2) Trainer had to help Lin put on a shirt and he is highly unlikely to play. Injury is a bone bruise (I guess its the same as bruised ribs). Decision has been taken out of Lin's hands and its purely a medical staff decision if he can go or not. Likely to suit up for emergency. McHale says if he goes, it will only be spot minutes to back-up Bev and Brooks.

3) Security guards were placed behind Rocket's bench even before doors were open. Maybe there to protect Beverley. Teammates say they have Beverley's back and Beverley says he looking forward to it and remains focussed on the play only (not the crowd).

4) Asik has been getting treatment for back pain. Nothing too serious and didn't stop him from having a monster game 4.

5) Harden's ISO ball has been receiving some media attention: ESPN True Hoops, CSN Houston, Houston Chronicle, NBA TV, Rockets Cast Live.

6) After watching and reading a lot of basketball news about Houston Rockets on the internet and social media. I suspect many of them read Clutchfans. Shows the power of Clutchfans hahaha!

GO ROCKETS!!! Bring it home!!!

16. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

[​IMG]

At least for this game. SO stop Trolling and talk some real basketball.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Regardless of what happens tonight, this has been a very successful season. We were able to make the playoffs in the very tough Western conference with a squad nearly devoid of any playoff experience.

A much needed measure of respect was regained by the Rockets this season, a most important ingredient to attract future free agents.

While the team is far from being complete, the ability to compete with a true contender shows that we are not too far off from being a great team. In the offseason, Morey will try to go for Howard. If that does not work out, I expect him to go after a star PF.

Go Rockets.

18. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Who is that rich old guy with the long grey hair? He goes to our playoffs games a lot. He watched us play in 2009.

19. Williamson

I hope next time he is named MorrowwindOwnsAll.

20. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

gray...